Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain moving around

Posted by sherrimc on 5/03/00 at 08:55 (019804)

I saw another post about pain moving a few days ago, but mine is moving to another area not mentioned(unless I didn't understand the legal medical diagnosis). I've had PF for almost 2 years and notice that when I try and skip a day on the anti-inflammitories that not only do I have pain in my arch, but also on the outer side of my heel under the ankle bone (the bone that sticks out on the outer side of foot). Has anyone else had this. I'm wondering if this means I've messed up something else compensating for the other pain.

Re: pain moving around

Nancy S. on 5/03/00 at 10:34 (019812)

Hi Sherri -- I have had that pain, exactly where you describe, and I do think it comes from overcompensating. Since I have stopped using a cane and am wearing good supportive boots and trying to walk 'normally,' I don't feel pain in that place much anymore. I especially thought about that spot when a medical supply store guy told me I was walking bow-legged, which I hadn't done before PF. I've made a conscious effort to stop, and so far it is helping. --Nancy

mss on 5/03/00 at 20:31 (019824)

The pain in my foot spread to outside of the foot, the ball of the foot, other places in the heel area. The podiatrist said this was all complimentary pain to the heel/tendon problem. I would have used another word for it!! These pains were the first to go away as my foot begins to get better. He said it was the foot compensating for the problem area.

Nancy S. on 5/03/00 at 10:34 (019812)

Hi Sherri -- I have had that pain, exactly where you describe, and I do think it comes from overcompensating. Since I have stopped using a cane and am wearing good supportive boots and trying to walk 'normally,' I don't feel pain in that place much anymore. I especially thought about that spot when a medical supply store guy told me I was walking bow-legged, which I hadn't done before PF. I've made a conscious effort to stop, and so far it is helping. --Nancy

mss on 5/03/00 at 20:31 (019824)

The pain in my foot spread to outside of the foot, the ball of the foot, other places in the heel area. The podiatrist said this was all complimentary pain to the heel/tendon problem. I would have used another word for it!! These pains were the first to go away as my foot begins to get better. He said it was the foot compensating for the problem area.