Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

maybe there is hope?

Posted by Sheri on 5/03/00 at 18:56 (019821)

Hi,

I am so glad to have found you all here...after reading up on PF on the Internet and reading your messages, I feel there may be hope anyway...I have had this for years, but it became extreme in Dec, and had to quit my job in January, as I cannot stand to be on my feet for very long.

We tried the shots, taping, and foot cast...even pain pills...nothing has even come close to helping...he told me the only other option is surgery, and that I would be out of commission for 3 months! So I told him I would deal with it...well...I cant even clean the house without being in pain, and it lingers on...I have gotten so depressed about it the past couple of months that I decided something needs to be done...I am going to a convention in a couple of weeks where I will have to be on my feet several hours for the 3 days...and I dont want to miss out on it because of this foot problem...

So I see the Pod again tomorrow...see if physical therapy might help???

Thanks for listening!

Sheri

Re: maybe there is hope?Re Sheri

Laurie R on 5/03/00 at 20:18 (019822)

Hello Sheri,
I am so glad you found this site too.And Welcome!!!!!!I do understand your pain,I have PF and TTS and I am in a hard cast now for the second time my PF is doing much better we need to still work on thr TTS my foot keeps going numb.Have you ever tryed PT before? I went for 40+ visit it did help but it did not last long but everyone is so different ,Maybe it will help you.I have been off work now for 7 months due to this I am a bartender and have been for 16 years and their is no way I could do my job now but I do have lots of hope left that someday I will be able to go back to work.Hang in their ....and keep us posted......Laurie R

Re: maybe there is hope?Re Sheri

Laurie R on 5/03/00 at 20:18 (019822)

Hello Sheri,
I am so glad you found this site too.And Welcome!!!!!!I do understand your pain,I have PF and TTS and I am in a hard cast now for the second time my PF is doing much better we need to still work on thr TTS my foot keeps going numb.Have you ever tryed PT before? I went for 40+ visit it did help but it did not last long but everyone is so different ,Maybe it will help you.I have been off work now for 7 months due to this I am a bartender and have been for 16 years and their is no way I could do my job now but I do have lots of hope left that someday I will be able to go back to work.Hang in their ....and keep us posted......Laurie R