Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Warning to everyone about nasty Computer virus

Posted by wendyn on 5/04/00 at 10:48 (019842)

We have an ugly virus ripping through here. It has the subject heading 'I love you'. If you open it - it will forward to everyone in your address book. The radio station said it will trash your hard drive.

If you receive an email from anyone with the subject heading 'I love you' (no matter how nice it sounds!) don't open it!

Apparently the virus scans don't pick it up.

Re: Warning to everyone about nasty Computer virus

Pat M on 5/04/00 at 11:40 (019844)

I just got a note from our campus technology coordinator about the same subject. It must be real, folks.
PatM

Re: Warning to everyone about nasty Computer virus Re Wendyn Thank You

Laurie R on 5/04/00 at 12:51 (019846)

Hi Wendy,
Thank you so much for letting us know ,I would go nuts (more) nuts than I already am if I didn't have my computer being stuck in the house.....Thanks again.PS Wendy later I am going to post about Acupuncture my workmans comp just oked me to go and as always I have a lot of questios and maybe you can help me.......Thanks again Laurie R

Re: update

wendyn on 5/04/00 at 13:12 (019849)

This is very for real - and is most certainly not one of the many hoaxes that go around. I have one of these emails sitting on my computer at home - a friend of mine received approximately 200 of them this morning. It has already been through Japan - most of Europe and is (according to a UK website) virtually bringing companies in the UK to a standstill. It sounds like it just it yesterday and it's all over the place now.

It is being described as the fastest spreading since 'Melissa' and is so far the worst virus attach ever seen.

Be very careful - some of the virus websites have scans and fixes that you can download now - so best to check them out before you get it.

If someon opens it and they have you in their address book, it will send you a copy of the virus.

Sheri on 5/04/00 at 14:39 (019856)

This IS for real...I live in Nebraska and it got to many of the major companies here in town...there are two ways it is getting in...there is the Outlook virus, and also an html one today,too...they said something about jpeg and mp3files...good luck!

Chris B on 5/04/00 at 17:50 (019863)

It is for real. I'm in Northern Virginia and the company my husband works for was practically shut down this morning with this mess. He sent it home yesterday, but I didn't get on the computer last night. (thank God!)

Stephanie S. on 5/05/00 at 07:25 (019884)

Yep!! It hit here in Alabama yesterday. It got to several of my
friends that work at the State...they shut down all e-mails for
a while. Must be a bad one. Be careful! My friend said the same
thing ...the 'I love you' heading. Steph

Pat M on 5/04/00 at 11:40 (019844)

I just got a note from our campus technology coordinator about the same subject. It must be real, folks.
PatM

Re: Warning to everyone about nasty Computer virus Re Wendyn Thank You

Laurie R on 5/04/00 at 12:51 (019846)

Hi Wendy,
Thank you so much for letting us know ,I would go nuts (more) nuts than I already am if I didn't have my computer being stuck in the house.....Thanks again.PS Wendy later I am going to post about Acupuncture my workmans comp just oked me to go and as always I have a lot of questios and maybe you can help me.......Thanks again Laurie R

Re: update

wendyn on 5/04/00 at 13:12 (019849)

This is very for real - and is most certainly not one of the many hoaxes that go around. I have one of these emails sitting on my computer at home - a friend of mine received approximately 200 of them this morning. It has already been through Japan - most of Europe and is (according to a UK website) virtually bringing companies in the UK to a standstill. It sounds like it just it yesterday and it's all over the place now.

It is being described as the fastest spreading since 'Melissa' and is so far the worst virus attach ever seen.

Be very careful - some of the virus websites have scans and fixes that you can download now - so best to check them out before you get it.

If someon opens it and they have you in their address book, it will send you a copy of the virus.

Sheri on 5/04/00 at 14:39 (019856)

This IS for real...I live in Nebraska and it got to many of the major companies here in town...there are two ways it is getting in...there is the Outlook virus, and also an html one today,too...they said something about jpeg and mp3files...good luck!

Chris B on 5/04/00 at 17:50 (019863)

It is for real. I'm in Northern Virginia and the company my husband works for was practically shut down this morning with this mess. He sent it home yesterday, but I didn't get on the computer last night. (thank God!)

Stephanie S. on 5/05/00 at 07:25 (019884)

Yep!! It hit here in Alabama yesterday. It got to several of my
friends that work at the State...they shut down all e-mails for
a while. Must be a bad one. Be careful! My friend said the same
thing ...the 'I love you' heading. Steph