Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good days.... Bad days....Ugly days!

Posted by Steve P on 5/04/00 at 12:23 (019845)

Hi All. As a relatively new PF sufferer (now in my 3rd month) I'd like to know if any of you have experienced what I'll call the 'Good Day / Bad Day' phenomenon.
The first 2 months, I had no good days. The PF was either getting worse or staying the same. In the past 3 weeks I've been in treatment including PT & my home program (rest, ice, nightsplint, massage, etc.) I now find that I can have a 'good' day followed by 2 or 3 'bad' days & then another good day, etc. ( I use these terms relatively, since I always have pain in both feet; it's only a matter of degree).
I am trying carefully to maintain the same program, including the amount of time on my feet, on both good & bad days, so that I don't aggravate the condition.
I hope that this variability is a good sign (????) & that I'll start to have more & more good days. However, it's discouraging to me that the bad days are still as bad as ever.
Can anyone relate to this? I'd appreciate any of your thoughts.........many thanks & good luck to all!

Re: Good days.... Bad days....Ugly days!

Barbara on 5/04/00 at 12:56 (019847)

What a familiar ring!!!

I have had bilateral PF for 2 1/5 months now. I never had the morning pain, just that 'tearing' pain in my arches when I walked a little too fast. My best friend is a Chiropractor, so I've been receiving treatment 2-3 times a weeks since the condition started. I am now 80% better in the left foot and 70% in the right foot.

But, yes, one day I feel terrific ('normal') and then the next 2 days all hell breaks loose. I think it might have to do with the fact that when I do feel good, I overdo it (forgetting that I still have this condition). Also the weather is a problem. I am better than any meterologist at predicting bad weather. And we have had nasty weather all spring.

Just try to hang in there...if you are experiencing good days, I believe it has to be a good sign.

wendyn on 5/04/00 at 13:02 (019848)

This seems to be very common problem. I blame my bad days on the aligment of the planets - axis of the earth, dew point and relative humidity. In other words - there is no logical pattern to when my feet hurt more than other days.

Beverly on 5/05/00 at 09:58 (019890)

Yes, I have them too. I've yet to have a perfect day, but there are days I barely notice the PF. I can monitor mine by how much I did the day before.

Beverly

john h on 5/05/00 at 11:21 (019898)

wendy: if you blame bad days on planet allignment you are in real big trouble today. for the 1st time i think in thousands of years earth and several of the planets are in allignment. some guy is predicting the end of the world. this should solve all our pf problems.

Barbara on 5/04/00 at 12:56 (019847)

What a familiar ring!!!

I have had bilateral PF for 2 1/5 months now. I never had the morning pain, just that 'tearing' pain in my arches when I walked a little too fast. My best friend is a Chiropractor, so I've been receiving treatment 2-3 times a weeks since the condition started. I am now 80% better in the left foot and 70% in the right foot.

But, yes, one day I feel terrific ('normal') and then the next 2 days all hell breaks loose. I think it might have to do with the fact that when I do feel good, I overdo it (forgetting that I still have this condition). Also the weather is a problem. I am better than any meterologist at predicting bad weather. And we have had nasty weather all spring.

Just try to hang in there...if you are experiencing good days, I believe it has to be a good sign.

wendyn on 5/04/00 at 13:02 (019848)

This seems to be very common problem. I blame my bad days on the aligment of the planets - axis of the earth, dew point and relative humidity. In other words - there is no logical pattern to when my feet hurt more than other days.

Beverly on 5/05/00 at 09:58 (019890)

Yes, I have them too. I've yet to have a perfect day, but there are days I barely notice the PF. I can monitor mine by how much I did the day before.

Beverly

john h on 5/05/00 at 11:21 (019898)

wendy: if you blame bad days on planet allignment you are in real big trouble today. for the 1st time i think in thousands of years earth and several of the planets are in allignment. some guy is predicting the end of the world. this should solve all our pf problems.