Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Gloom, Dispair, and Agony on me.......

Posted by Susan S on 5/05/00 at 10:50 (019896)

Today I am in agony again. So I call my othopaedic doctor to beg to see him. No chance til Wednesday. So I called someone who is seeing a pod that I haven't tried. This guy has had a great deal of success with some nerve release surgery with this pod and encouraged me to see him. I called for an appointment (not til Tuesday). While I was giving the nurse some history I told her I'd had the shots with no relief and would not do them agian. She asked me if I'd had the shots there and told me they have 'Very good results'. I'm sorry. Maybe she didn't hear me say I would not do them again. So I'm going to see him and he already has a stike in my book.
In the mean time the ortho nurse returns my call and is calling in an anti-inflammitory drug for me to take. If I have no relief next Friday call her back. I told her that if I don't have any relief by next Friday I'll be out serching for some illiegal drugs. I questioned her twice on the next treatment options but she would only say it takes time to run it's course. Isn't that what virus do? Never heard a broken leg or any other type injury 'run it's course'.
I cannot imagine how I can possibly rest any more than I am and maintain any quality of life. Who was it that mentioned that they were considering a drug inducted coma to actually get the rest that would be required to 'rest it out'? At the time I thought it was an extreme statement. Now it makes perfect sense.

Re: Gloom, Dispair, and Agony on me.......

john h on 5/05/00 at 11:18 (019897)

susan: for the moment ice the devil out of the foot and elevate it. anyone that suggest nerve surgery over the phone and never having seen you should be avoided.

Pauline on 5/05/00 at 11:21 (019899)

Susan, I know what you mean. My first experience with PF was in 1993 and it lasted 2 1/2 years. It was gone for a while and now because
I was conditioning with some 'walking' for my trip to Europe I have
a bad case again. Tried medicine, physical therapy and finally out
of desperation because I fly out Tue. one shot in each foot. This
seemed to help last time but the Doctor was not eager to give them
to me. I begged.

I don't expect immediate results but I hope it will help in a few days to take away the extreem pain.

I hate this and find my days doom and gloom my smile is gone.

I plan to try the Ossa Tron when I return from my trip if I go that is? Boy what a waste of money.
Regards
Pauline

P.S. This makes you feel like your 100 years old.

Re: Gloom, Dispair, and Agony on me.......Re Susan

Laurie R on 5/05/00 at 11:23 (019900)

Hi Susan,
I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain ,why didn't they give you pain pills as well as anti-inflams? pain pills will help you faster the other takes a while to work.Maybe you can call them back and ask ,just to help you till you get in to see your doctor.What are suppose to do until than?I know your pain last week I was ready to do surgery on my foot my self thats how much pain I was in ,He put me back in a hard cast and now all my PF pain is gone thank god ,but I still have the TTS thing going on but one thing is better to deal with than two or three.Hang in their vent as much as you want we are here for you.........Laurie R

Susan S on 5/05/00 at 13:41 (019909)

I debated asking the nurse about casting but after the 'run it's course' comment I knew she did not have the answers. You seem to be having some success with yours, Laurie. As working women and mothers and wives we have a very difficult time resting our feet. Not to mention not being able to do the things we want to do as well.

I do feel a little better this afternoon. Hubby just called and I almost cried to him but I'm OK. Dr was leaving at 11 so there is no chance for pain meds. Hubby is taking care of dinner so I'll just hit the sofa with the ice this evening when I get home from work. I'm planning an afternoon of computer work so I'll be able to stay off my feet as much as possible. Thanks for the encouragment!

Laurie R on 5/05/00 at 13:57 (019912)

Hi Susan,
Yes this cast has helped because this time around with it I am doing what my Pod had asked me to do stay off my foot last time I was in a hard cast for 4 weeks and I had broke both of them because I was still cleaning the house and cooking and tyring to walk on it,I learned the hard way because the very next day I got the cast off I tryed to walk and I tore my healed fascia ,so I will say the cast will help if you stay off your foot.I too have children and my husband works two jobs so when the kids come home I still have to take care of them.I have been off work now for 7 months due to this .Last week I was in so much pain but now with the cast my PF pain is gone.....I am still dealing with TTS which at this point is still pretty bad.Someone else on the board is also in a cast and they are also doing really good their PF pain is gone too.If you want to e-mail me please feel free to do so I am here.To bad you can't get any pain pills to help you over the week end.....I would call other doctor to call it in for you.My best to you.......Laurie R

john h on 5/05/00 at 11:18 (019897)

susan: for the moment ice the devil out of the foot and elevate it. anyone that suggest nerve surgery over the phone and never having seen you should be avoided.

Pauline on 5/05/00 at 11:21 (019899)

Susan, I know what you mean. My first experience with PF was in 1993 and it lasted 2 1/2 years. It was gone for a while and now because
I was conditioning with some 'walking' for my trip to Europe I have
a bad case again. Tried medicine, physical therapy and finally out
of desperation because I fly out Tue. one shot in each foot. This
seemed to help last time but the Doctor was not eager to give them
to me. I begged.

I don't expect immediate results but I hope it will help in a few days to take away the extreem pain.

I hate this and find my days doom and gloom my smile is gone.

I plan to try the Ossa Tron when I return from my trip if I go that is? Boy what a waste of money.
Regards
Pauline

P.S. This makes you feel like your 100 years old.

Laurie R on 5/05/00 at 11:23 (019900)

Hi Susan,
I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain ,why didn't they give you pain pills as well as anti-inflams? pain pills will help you faster the other takes a while to work.Maybe you can call them back and ask ,just to help you till you get in to see your doctor.What are suppose to do until than?I know your pain last week I was ready to do surgery on my foot my self thats how much pain I was in ,He put me back in a hard cast and now all my PF pain is gone thank god ,but I still have the TTS thing going on but one thing is better to deal with than two or three.Hang in their vent as much as you want we are here for you.........Laurie R

Susan S on 5/05/00 at 13:41 (019909)

I debated asking the nurse about casting but after the 'run it's course' comment I knew she did not have the answers. You seem to be having some success with yours, Laurie. As working women and mothers and wives we have a very difficult time resting our feet. Not to mention not being able to do the things we want to do as well.

I do feel a little better this afternoon. Hubby just called and I almost cried to him but I'm OK. Dr was leaving at 11 so there is no chance for pain meds. Hubby is taking care of dinner so I'll just hit the sofa with the ice this evening when I get home from work. I'm planning an afternoon of computer work so I'll be able to stay off my feet as much as possible. Thanks for the encouragment!

Laurie R on 5/05/00 at 13:57 (019912)

Hi Susan,
Yes this cast has helped because this time around with it I am doing what my Pod had asked me to do stay off my foot last time I was in a hard cast for 4 weeks and I had broke both of them because I was still cleaning the house and cooking and tyring to walk on it,I learned the hard way because the very next day I got the cast off I tryed to walk and I tore my healed fascia ,so I will say the cast will help if you stay off your foot.I too have children and my husband works two jobs so when the kids come home I still have to take care of them.I have been off work now for 7 months due to this .Last week I was in so much pain but now with the cast my PF pain is gone.....I am still dealing with TTS which at this point is still pretty bad.Someone else on the board is also in a cast and they are also doing really good their PF pain is gone too.If you want to e-mail me please feel free to do so I am here.To bad you can't get any pain pills to help you over the week end.....I would call other doctor to call it in for you.My best to you.......Laurie R