Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birks,Bikes,Beach,.....

Posted by ChrisO on 5/08/00 at 13:46 (020009)

Oh my gosh! I leave you guys alone for a week and you've spent it talking about sex and the night splint! I can't help but wonder, though - how did you KNOW that my husband developed a little thing about me wearing the nite-splint, and nothing but the nite-splint?

MEN!

Anyway, I wanted to share my little vacation experience with you because I discovered a couple of PF things.
One, If you have access GO TO the Montana De Oro State Park south of Morro Bay, CA and spend a couple of days. It's the absolutely best CA state park I've seen. (sorry, BobG, the secret's out!) We took our bikes and biked along a nicely developed bike/walk path overlooking the ocean one day then took a similar path in to the hills the next. I found that wearing my Birks for biking worked well because their rigidity prevented me from 'wrapping' my arch around the bike pedal. It was just so darn exciting to be able to enjoy the outdoors after so long.
Second, when we first walked on the beach, I was barefoot thinking it would be good for my foot. Wrong! I immediately slipped those Birks back on and beach-walking was a breeze!

Now, if I just hadn't nicked that beautiful BMW with the rear bumper of our little motorhome..........

Re: Birks,Bikes,Beach,.....

Bob G. on 5/08/00 at 19:56 (020042)

Thanks for the reminder, Chris! The blonde I am presently dating loves to camp and hike (not joking). You've reminded me of the perfect spot!

Have you guys tried the Sea Chest on Moonstone Beach? Another secret out...

Re: sea chest

ChrisO on 5/09/00 at 09:33 (020068)

Nope, Bob - not familiar with it - is it a campground?

Clearly we're using our son's residence at CP a perfect excuse to explore central coast...........I suspect, then, that the Sea Chest will be the next stop..
Thanks

Bob G. on 5/09/00 at 10:59 (020078)

The Sea Chest is the most wonderful sea food experience located just north of Cambria on Moonstone Beach Drive. Sit at the bar and watch 'em cook. It's entertaining and romantic. Enjoy!

Re: Birks,Bikes,Beach,.....

Bob G. on 5/08/00 at 19:56 (020042)

Thanks for the reminder, Chris! The blonde I am presently dating loves to camp and hike (not joking). You've reminded me of the perfect spot!

Have you guys tried the Sea Chest on Moonstone Beach? Another secret out...

ChrisO on 5/09/00 at 09:33 (020068)

Nope, Bob - not familiar with it - is it a campground?

Clearly we're using our son's residence at CP a perfect excuse to explore central coast...........I suspect, then, that the Sea Chest will be the next stop..
Thanks

Bob G. on 5/09/00 at 10:59 (020078)

The Sea Chest is the most wonderful sea food experience located just north of Cambria on Moonstone Beach Drive. Sit at the bar and watch 'em cook. It's entertaining and romantic. Enjoy!