Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ART - Helen

Posted by ChrisO on 5/08/00 at 13:57 (020011)

Helen, I'm so sorry I was away from my computer all last week so didn't catch your ART query. It sounds, though, as though you're having some success.

I believe firmly that the ART was and is effective for me. I went twice a week for the first three weeks, this week it'll be reduced to once. The Chiro says the scar tissue is greatly reduced and there is no question that I have relief from the ART.

However, seems that the danger is in keeping the scar tissue and inflammation gone and I think that's where BobG's methods come in to play nicely. Gotta stay on top of icing, splinting, orthos and massage. I did a good job of that during my little biking vacation last week but.... I was on my feet for two hours playing ball yesterday and am paying for it today. Also, I'm still getting used to my newer orthotics and have to back off them a little.

Good luck with your continued ART stuff!

Re: ART - Helen

Lauren E. on 5/08/00 at 23:22 (020056)

ChrisO,
What is the ART that you are talking about? And what does a chiropractor do for your foot? I've been thing about going to one.

Helen on 5/11/00 at 22:14 (020243)

ART is Active Release Therapy - deep tissue massage to break up scar tissue. It is painful, and actually I am not all beter after just one treatment. But I had two days in the past week that were pretty much free of pain. I may have pushed myself too much with heavy lifting and flared things up again. Who knows??? You can search the heelspurs web site to find people's posting about ART. It is done by a specially trained chiropractor. And there are lots of postings on it. Good luck.

Helen

Lauren E. on 5/08/00 at 23:22 (020056)

ChrisO,
What is the ART that you are talking about? And what does a chiropractor do for your foot? I've been thing about going to one.

Helen on 5/11/00 at 22:14 (020243)

ART is Active Release Therapy - deep tissue massage to break up scar tissue. It is painful, and actually I am not all beter after just one treatment. But I had two days in the past week that were pretty much free of pain. I may have pushed myself too much with heavy lifting and flared things up again. Who knows??? You can search the heelspurs web site to find people's posting about ART. It is done by a specially trained chiropractor. And there are lots of postings on it. Good luck.

Helen