Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

report: Dr. R's FABS

Posted by ChrisO on 5/08/00 at 14:19 (020013)

Hi folks - I promised you a report on those FABS so here it is so far;

The not-so-good stuff; they're a little difficult to place and sometimes takes two or three trys. For me, they don't seem to provide over-all support - they're pretty much arch only and they seem to just basically 'fill' the arch area. They are by no means rigid but they do take some getting used to - they feel like something's wadded up and stuck under the arch!

The good stuff; They're achored by a wrap-around elastic which is good because that provides compression. Have you ever found a 'spot' on your sore arch and got relief just from pressing on it? That's what these do - to a degree. Also, they are perfect for those times when you need something in a pinch for dress shoes, sandals or even barefootin'. They're worth their cost.

That's my take for the time being. I'm relying a little more on the orthotics that my Chiropractor gave me and have to give one or the other a fair chance so the Chiro's are getting that chance for now.

Like I told my frustrated college-freshman son the other day - patience is a pain-in-the-rear virtue!

Re: report: Dr. R's FABS

Dr.R on 5/08/00 at 21:29 (020049)

Thanks for your report.
About 90% of people relate that the FABS feel great immediatly. The rest say they take getting used to,but the end result is that they are helpful.
You can wear FABS at night while sleeping and with a dorsiflextion night splint if you want. I had my web guy fix the web site, hopefully no more errors.
Thanks for your report as you guys are the chronic 1% and helping you makes me feel pretty good.

Re: report: Dr. R's FABS

Dr.R on 5/08/00 at 21:29 (020049)

Thanks for your report.
About 90% of people relate that the FABS feel great immediatly. The rest say they take getting used to,but the end result is that they are helpful.
You can wear FABS at night while sleeping and with a dorsiflextion night splint if you want. I had my web guy fix the web site, hopefully no more errors.
Thanks for your report as you guys are the chronic 1% and helping you makes me feel pretty good.