Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

BobG - nite splint

Posted by ChrisO on 5/08/00 at 14:21 (020014)

Bob, I forget - which nite splint are you using?

Re: BobG - nite splint

Pauline on 5/08/00 at 16:03 (020016)

Concerning night splints --- are there any short ones that would
work as well as those that come up to the knee. Has anyone ever
tried cutting them shorter. I'm not an expert in night splints, do you need the support to the knee if you can maintain the foot angle without the height?. They are really hot to wear as everyone knows as well as painful when you kick youself with them.

Susan S on 5/08/00 at 17:02 (020022)

Mine come up about mid-calf. Velcro straps pull the foot to a 'comfortable' angle.

Pauline on 5/08/00 at 17:25 (020026)

Susan,
Do you know the brand? Did you get them from the Dr. or purchase
them at medical supply? Are they lined in that foam?
I think this makes them extra hot.
Thanks
Pauline

Re: nite splint

Bob G. on 5/08/00 at 19:46 (020040)

Hi, Chris!

I just did a web search for night splints and looked at a lot of them. The one that most resembles mine can be found right here under products. My night splint goes about mid-calf. It took several adjustments over several weeks to find the best angle for my foot.

I lost a lot of sleep trying to get used to the thing, but now I can sleep through no problem.

Best of luck to you!

Susan S on 5/09/00 at 09:01 (020064)

I think the name on the box is Sure Step. They are black and do not have a lot of foam lining.I actually have some extra foam that I begged of the doctor to that I place from ankle to ankle over the top of my leg. This keeps some of the pressure off my ankles and takes away a little of that tention across the top of my leg. I wear socks with them too. Yes, they are a little hot but I've always slept in socks.

john h on 5/09/00 at 17:49 (020110)

bob g: having done a lot of searching for night splints i want to recommend the 'Nice Stretch' by Brown Medical. It can be found at http://www.brownmed.com . it can be folded up, very light, easy to sleep in, very adjustable and still the best i have seen or used.

john h on 5/09/00 at 17:53 (020112)

forgot to add when you get to the brown medical web page go to the steady step button to view the Nice Stretch night splint. It also has a removable ice pack.

Bob G. on 5/09/00 at 19:24 (020127)

Thanks, John! I bookmarked the site.

Unfortunately, when I clicked on Steady Step I got 'HTTP Error 400' - which I reported to their e-mail. I'll check it again tomorrow. Thanks, again! BG

Nancy S. on 5/10/00 at 05:39 (020142)

Hi Bob, I had a similar problem when trying to view the night splints at brownmed. Via email, I got them to send me a good color brochure the old-fashioned way, which arrived promptly. --Nancy
p.s. Of course you are invited!

Pauline on 5/08/00 at 16:03 (020016)

Concerning night splints --- are there any short ones that would
work as well as those that come up to the knee. Has anyone ever
tried cutting them shorter. I'm not an expert in night splints, do you need the support to the knee if you can maintain the foot angle without the height?. They are really hot to wear as everyone knows as well as painful when you kick youself with them.

Susan S on 5/08/00 at 17:02 (020022)

Mine come up about mid-calf. Velcro straps pull the foot to a 'comfortable' angle.

Pauline on 5/08/00 at 17:25 (020026)

Susan,
Do you know the brand? Did you get them from the Dr. or purchase
them at medical supply? Are they lined in that foam?
I think this makes them extra hot.
Thanks
Pauline

Bob G. on 5/08/00 at 19:46 (020040)

Hi, Chris!

I just did a web search for night splints and looked at a lot of them. The one that most resembles mine can be found right here under products. My night splint goes about mid-calf. It took several adjustments over several weeks to find the best angle for my foot.

I lost a lot of sleep trying to get used to the thing, but now I can sleep through no problem.

Best of luck to you!

Susan S on 5/09/00 at 09:01 (020064)

I think the name on the box is Sure Step. They are black and do not have a lot of foam lining.I actually have some extra foam that I begged of the doctor to that I place from ankle to ankle over the top of my leg. This keeps some of the pressure off my ankles and takes away a little of that tention across the top of my leg. I wear socks with them too. Yes, they are a little hot but I've always slept in socks.

john h on 5/09/00 at 17:49 (020110)

bob g: having done a lot of searching for night splints i want to recommend the 'Nice Stretch' by Brown Medical. It can be found at http://www.brownmed.com . it can be folded up, very light, easy to sleep in, very adjustable and still the best i have seen or used.

john h on 5/09/00 at 17:53 (020112)

forgot to add when you get to the brown medical web page go to the steady step button to view the Nice Stretch night splint. It also has a removable ice pack.

Bob G. on 5/09/00 at 19:24 (020127)

Thanks, John! I bookmarked the site.

Unfortunately, when I clicked on Steady Step I got 'HTTP Error 400' - which I reported to their e-mail. I'll check it again tomorrow. Thanks, again! BG

Nancy S. on 5/10/00 at 05:39 (020142)

Hi Bob, I had a similar problem when trying to view the night splints at brownmed. Via email, I got them to send me a good color brochure the old-fashioned way, which arrived promptly. --Nancy
p.s. Of course you are invited!