Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Rebellious PF suffer

Posted by Jo Anne T. on 5/08/00 at 17:41 (020027)

Oh, my GOSH!!!! Were ya'll jolly on the spot??? Thank you so very much. I wanted to hear from someone who knew what I was talking about; not some Doctor reading the PF pamphlet to me and hurrying to the next room. I will do better. Tennis season is over in two weeks. I can take off. I'll be more diligent about stretching and the ice. What do you do about a husband (so disgustingly healthy himself) who looks at you as if to say 'You look fine to me?' Also, I liked what you said about the change in gait for the 'bottom' pain; that makes sense. But I think I'm going to check into the arthritis thing too; that's a possiblility as it's in the family. Bless ya'll. I'm going to read your posts over and over; your encouragement was very needed.

Re: Rebellious PF suffer

john h on 5/08/00 at 18:19 (020028)

jo anne: 'what do your do about a husband who--?' most of us have been there and done that. that pharase until death do us part does not mention plantar fasciaitis.

Nancy S. on 5/08/00 at 19:12 (020037)

Hooray, Jo Anne! Ok, about your husband, have him read Scott's PF Book. If he still doesn't get it, you might keep a cane handy and let it get a little out of control and swat him when necessary. --Nancy

John and Nancy on 5/08/00 at 19:41 (020039)

Thank you for adding a sense of humor to this. You both are absolutely correct. I'm sitting here with my ice on. Man......I didn't know growing older would be like this. And I'm not even old!!!!

SandyS on 5/09/00 at 14:53 (020090)

I know what it's like to have the 'disgustingly healthy' husband. My husband doesn't really understand why I would rather take our mountain bikes than to hike these days, but he's pretty supportive. I'm still pretty new to this but I am learning to stick with the ice and take my Vioxx. Not going barefoot was the hardest for me, afterall I am a Kentucky girl, but I'm getting much better. But as far as staying off of my feet I am still rebelling because I refuse to stop because of this, I just make a better shoe choice and ice a little longer. Best of luck to you!

john h on 5/08/00 at 18:19 (020028)

jo anne: 'what do your do about a husband who--?' most of us have been there and done that. that pharase until death do us part does not mention plantar fasciaitis.

Nancy S. on 5/08/00 at 19:12 (020037)

Hooray, Jo Anne! Ok, about your husband, have him read Scott's PF Book. If he still doesn't get it, you might keep a cane handy and let it get a little out of control and swat him when necessary. --Nancy

John and Nancy on 5/08/00 at 19:41 (020039)

Thank you for adding a sense of humor to this. You both are absolutely correct. I'm sitting here with my ice on. Man......I didn't know growing older would be like this. And I'm not even old!!!!

SandyS on 5/09/00 at 14:53 (020090)

I know what it's like to have the 'disgustingly healthy' husband. My husband doesn't really understand why I would rather take our mountain bikes than to hike these days, but he's pretty supportive. I'm still pretty new to this but I am learning to stick with the ice and take my Vioxx. Not going barefoot was the hardest for me, afterall I am a Kentucky girl, but I'm getting much better. But as far as staying off of my feet I am still rebelling because I refuse to stop because of this, I just make a better shoe choice and ice a little longer. Best of luck to you!