Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Strassburg Sock

Posted by Pauline on 5/08/00 at 18:42 (020031)

Has anyone used the Strassburg sock instead of the splints at night?
Any success? They seem like they would be easier to wear. I never
get a good nights sleep with the splints and this adds to the anxiety of having this constant pain with the PF

Re: Strassburg Sock

Bob G. on 5/08/00 at 19:24 (020038)

Yes, Pauline! I wear the Strassburg Sock at the same time that I wear the nightspint. I've worn them both seperately, too, but find I sleep better with better results by wearing them together - plus, I add my Birk arch support to make walking (sleep walking, hehe) more comfortable.

The Strassburg Sock by itself tended to make my foot ache. The nightsplint by itself tended to create pressure points of discomfort (toes and on top of the foot). Wearing them together tended to cancel out the negatives.

I had the same sleep problems as you are experiencing, Pauline. I went around for weeks with sleepy bags under my eyes and drowsy and grouchy. Determined to win against PF I kept at it until I found the most comfortable angle (night splint) and tension (S/Sock).

Good luck with your Strassburg Sock. Don't wear it too long if it hurts your foot. Just a little tension, very little.

Re: Strassburg Sock

Bob G. on 5/08/00 at 19:24 (020038)

Yes, Pauline! I wear the Strassburg Sock at the same time that I wear the nightspint. I've worn them both seperately, too, but find I sleep better with better results by wearing them together - plus, I add my Birk arch support to make walking (sleep walking, hehe) more comfortable.

The Strassburg Sock by itself tended to make my foot ache. The nightsplint by itself tended to create pressure points of discomfort (toes and on top of the foot). Wearing them together tended to cancel out the negatives.

I had the same sleep problems as you are experiencing, Pauline. I went around for weeks with sleepy bags under my eyes and drowsy and grouchy. Determined to win against PF I kept at it until I found the most comfortable angle (night splint) and tension (S/Sock).

Good luck with your Strassburg Sock. Don't wear it too long if it hurts your foot. Just a little tension, very little.