Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Appt. today

Posted by Pat M on 5/09/00 at 05:56 (020059)

Hey everybody,

Some verrrry interesting reading going on here lately. I have really gotten the habit of reading this board morning and afternoon. I have even begun to log on at school when I have a little free time. (ha!)
I just never know what I am going to read. You people can be really funny sometimes. It certainly gives me a lift.
I'm going to see my podiatrist today. (first time) Can you give me any specific questions to ask this man. I don't know the first thing about him. I do know a lot about pf now, but I thought maybe you could give me some good questions to ask. I tend to sit back and just nod when I am in a doctors office. I have always thought that 'doctor knows best', but of course I have found that to be so untrue. Thanks for any help you can give. My appt. is at 4:00 this afternoon.
Feel better all,
PatM

Re: Appt. today

Nancy S. on 5/09/00 at 06:13 (020061)

Hi Pat,
I would ask him his entire conservative-treatment protocol. If he leaves anything out, I would jump in and raise those issues. I would want him to offer the night splint, to check your shoes for proper support, and to make footwear recommendations. I would find out what he recommends regarding rest, icing, anti-inflammatories, stretching. And for down the line, if these measures don't help enough, I would find out if he considers casting before even talking about surgery.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes. --Nancy

Bob G. on 5/09/00 at 10:54 (020077)

Hi, Pat! Hmmmm, see if you can get the doctor to think outloud as he diagnoses. WHY do you think that? WHY do you say that? WHAT would that indicate?

Best wishes for a good appointment.

Re: Appt. todayRe

Laurie R on 5/09/00 at 12:23 (020084)

Hi Pat,
I want to wish you much luck at you appointment today ,remenber you have a say in your treatment ,I hope this doctor is nice and takes his time with you and answers all your questions.Like Bob said I would ask why and what to make sure this doctor knows about PF.Please post and let us know how it went...My best to you...Laurie R

Nancy S. on 5/09/00 at 06:13 (020061)

Hi Pat,
I would ask him his entire conservative-treatment protocol. If he leaves anything out, I would jump in and raise those issues. I would want him to offer the night splint, to check your shoes for proper support, and to make footwear recommendations. I would find out what he recommends regarding rest, icing, anti-inflammatories, stretching. And for down the line, if these measures don't help enough, I would find out if he considers casting before even talking about surgery.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes. --Nancy

Bob G. on 5/09/00 at 10:54 (020077)

Hi, Pat! Hmmmm, see if you can get the doctor to think outloud as he diagnoses. WHY do you think that? WHY do you say that? WHAT would that indicate?

Best wishes for a good appointment.

Re: Appt. todayRe

Laurie R on 5/09/00 at 12:23 (020084)

Hi Pat,
I want to wish you much luck at you appointment today ,remenber you have a say in your treatment ,I hope this doctor is nice and takes his time with you and answers all your questions.Like Bob said I would ask why and what to make sure this doctor knows about PF.Please post and let us know how it went...My best to you...Laurie R