Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

11 weeks post ossatron

Posted by GinaC on 5/09/00 at 10:51 (020076)

Had achieved about 60-70% improvement and had another setback. I had a busy day, so handled it by being on my feet for an hour, then resting (and sometimes icing) for an hour and alternating rest with activity throughout the day. I was actually active on my feet for maybe 4 hours total and felt good at the time. A day or two later, began having pain that begins about an inch below the inside ankle bone and extends in a band all the way across the heel; don't have PF pain spot back. Have also had significant swelling in these areas and have been icing. Again, this is different from my regular PF pain, but pretty severe compared to what it had been. Don't know what to expect now and am finding it very hard to be positive...May have to consider a second treatment. Hope everyone else is doing better than this!
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Re: 11 weeks post ossatron

Nicole V.R. on 5/09/00 at 21:54 (020137)

I've had more pain today and I don't know why but I'm not getting excited about it just yet. Overall, I've had no or little change the past several weeks.
Now, next week will be number 12 and I'm assuming I won't feel any different then, either. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do from here? Save up for a second treatment? Consider surgical options? Or continue with conservative treatments? Has anyone from the Toronto trip given any thought as to what you will do? As for me, I have no idea at this point.
Get well soon, everyone,
Nicole
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: you could try ART Nicole

Helen on 5/11/00 at 22:03 (020242)

Hi Nicole. and all others. I think a next step (ha ha) could be to try Active Release Therapy. I have had one treatment and may have had some relief - since last Friday -- one week -- I had two really good days. But before you sign up for ART I would do a search of this web site for all messages about ART and get a sense of what others feel about it. I know this is a hard place to be in with feet still feeling bad. I am feeling upset that I am worse than before the Ossatron treatment, and am trying not to blame myself for having chosen the treatment. All the best everyone. I am thinking about you folks.

Helen

Nicole V.R. on 5/13/00 at 16:15 (020341)

Thank you, Helen. Good advice. I will need to do some research because while I've seen people post about ART, I didn't pay too much attention while going through the ESWT process. Good luck to you, and I appreciate you keeping us informed of your progress.

Re: you could try ART Nicole - but be careful

Helen on 5/15/00 at 12:44 (020398)

Hi Nicole. I had my second ART treatment last Friday and must say I don't feel better. I had two good days after the first treatment, but maybe too much lifting and carrying my baby since then, or maybe so far the treatment just isn't working...I am feeling discouraged. I hope you get this message. I will try to find your email and send it to you there. Good luck!

Helen

Re: 11 weeks post ossatron

Nicole V.R. on 5/09/00 at 21:54 (020137)

I've had more pain today and I don't know why but I'm not getting excited about it just yet. Overall, I've had no or little change the past several weeks.
Now, next week will be number 12 and I'm assuming I won't feel any different then, either. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do from here? Save up for a second treatment? Consider surgical options? Or continue with conservative treatments? Has anyone from the Toronto trip given any thought as to what you will do? As for me, I have no idea at this point.
Get well soon, everyone,
Nicole

Helen on 5/11/00 at 22:03 (020242)

Hi Nicole. and all others. I think a next step (ha ha) could be to try Active Release Therapy. I have had one treatment and may have had some relief - since last Friday -- one week -- I had two really good days. But before you sign up for ART I would do a search of this web site for all messages about ART and get a sense of what others feel about it. I know this is a hard place to be in with feet still feeling bad. I am feeling upset that I am worse than before the Ossatron treatment, and am trying not to blame myself for having chosen the treatment. All the best everyone. I am thinking about you folks.

Helen

Nicole V.R. on 5/13/00 at 16:15 (020341)

Thank you, Helen. Good advice. I will need to do some research because while I've seen people post about ART, I didn't pay too much attention while going through the ESWT process. Good luck to you, and I appreciate you keeping us informed of your progress.

Re: you could try ART Nicole - but be careful

Helen on 5/15/00 at 12:44 (020398)

Hi Nicole. I had my second ART treatment last Friday and must say I don't feel better. I had two good days after the first treatment, but maybe too much lifting and carrying my baby since then, or maybe so far the treatment just isn't working...I am feeling discouraged. I hope you get this message. I will try to find your email and send it to you there. Good luck!

Helen