Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please tell me about EPF

Posted by Beth n on 5/09/00 at 12:31 (020085)

For anyone who has had EPF, can you please tell me how long it takes for a full recovery? My doctor is saying probably 2 weeks, 3 weeks maximum.

Re: Please tell me about EPF

john h on 5/09/00 at 17:37 (020105)

whether you have your fascia cut through a scope or open surgery you do not have a full recovery in 2 or 3 weeks. been there! if a doc tells you that look for a new one.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/09/00 at 18:30 (020121)

I tell patients that if could take up to six month for some people to get rid of the heel pain after surgery. I do the minimial incision heel spur surgery which in studies had a faster healing. I don't know why but six months is the avg time for pain to go away.
Sorry but this is the truth!!!

Re: Good to see you, Dr. Zuckerman!

Bob G. on 5/10/00 at 02:05 (020139)

Hope you are doing well. Always loved your posts, type-ohs (sp?) as well...

john h on 5/09/00 at 17:37 (020105)

whether you have your fascia cut through a scope or open surgery you do not have a full recovery in 2 or 3 weeks. been there! if a doc tells you that look for a new one.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/09/00 at 18:30 (020121)

I tell patients that if could take up to six month for some people to get rid of the heel pain after surgery. I do the minimial incision heel spur surgery which in studies had a faster healing. I don't know why but six months is the avg time for pain to go away.
Sorry but this is the truth!!!

Re: Good to see you, Dr. Zuckerman!

Bob G. on 5/10/00 at 02:05 (020139)

Hope you are doing well. Always loved your posts, type-ohs (sp?) as well...