Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am mad as **** and am not going to take it anymore....

Posted by cindyp on 5/10/00 at 17:12 (020174)

After calling everybody in the world to find out what next here's my answer. The neurosurgeon looked at my stuff and said surgery isn't indicated. So what do I do now. It is beyond me that they will not help me. I have 1/2' tumor on my lateral plantar nerve and can get no help or relief. This is just beyond my comprehension.

Re: I am mad as **** and am not going to take it anymore....

Laurie R on 5/10/00 at 18:12 (020177)

To Cindy,
I can't believe this either!!!!!! Have they lost there minds? So what are you supposed to do now? Are you in alot of pain? If I were you I would get all my tests results and find a doctor that is going to help you and I would not stop until I found someone that would listen to me.My heart goes out to you Cindy we are here anytime you need us .My very best to you......Laurie R

Nancy S. on 5/10/00 at 18:13 (020178)

Cindy, according to the neurosurgeon, exactly why is surgery 'not indicated'? Too hard to get at? Wouldn't help? Too risky? What else did he say? If surgery is not indicated, what did he suggest for you? I hope you asked lots of questions . . . --Nancy

cindyp on 5/10/00 at 18:32 (020179)

First I am dealing with v.a. so a lot of teeth pulling is how you have to operate. I found this out at 5:20 est today. So tomorrow I start back on the phone with complaints. I am in 25+ pain and it is slowly progressing. First I start with patient representative then with podiatrist and whomever else.The secretary said she would find out and get back. I am not doing Physical Therapy again I went that route and didn't work. I am just so mad and disgusted.

cindyp on 5/10/00 at 18:36 (020180)

Plus and mind you this is conjecture on my part, the neuroma is not where they commonly occur. Mine is in my heel. Maybe they don't want to fool with it. But then what am I supposed to do. This has made it impossible for me to work and have a semblance of a normal life.

Laurie R on 5/10/00 at 19:11 (020182)

Hi Cindy again,
Even tho you are dealing with the V.A.their still has to be someone that can help you.Did they give you anything for the pain??????? Their are many pain pills that can help at least take the edge off your pain. 25+ pain level no one should have to go through that kind of pain with no medication.If you don't have any I would call and have them call in something for you,if that can't be done tonight than first thing in the morning I would have a list of things to ask the doctor.Can you go to the ER ?????I am just trying to help you 2 weeks ago I was ready to do surgery on my foot my self thats how much pain I was in,I am glad I didn't do it.Laurie R

john h on 5/10/00 at 19:42 (020183)

cindy: why a neurosurgeon for an operation on foot? get an opinion from a foot an ankle surgeon (MD) who has a FELLOWSHIP in foot and ankle surgery. The neuro doc may be right but he may be wrong.

cindyp on 5/10/00 at 19:48 (020185)

Well now I am on indomethacin 50 mg 2 a day. At night I am on elavil 25mg one a day. I am low on medicine right now. I have to see who they tell me to see. The day the podiatrist told me he said wait I have to go to ortho to see what to do with you. He was gone 1/2hour then came back and said neurosurgeon. I assume ortho wouldn't touch me. I am just wondering if they cannot/willnot help how am I going to function? Geez depression is rapidly approaching.

Laurie R on 5/10/00 at 20:17 (020189)

Cindy,
Now I understand why you are still in pain both of the meds you are taking are not for pain.I don't know if pain meds would mix well with what you are taking but I would difently ask someone so you could get some relief from your pain.....Laurie

john h on 5/11/00 at 10:05 (020213)

laurie r: i think you can pullup a website on the Mayo Clinic or Johns' Hopkins on which you may pose the question can the condition you have be treated. i once wrote to one of the departments at the Mayo Clinic and they promptly responded. we have a doctor in little rock who is the only one in the united states that can remove a particular type tumor from a childs face. not all people with the problem are aware of his ability to do this. look are 'rare diseases' on your search engines. there are is probably someone out there that can treat this. go find him.

Laurie R on 5/11/00 at 10:43 (020216)

Hi John,
I think you ment to tell Cindy this not me......I have PF and TTS and my pain is down,Cindy needs a good doctor....My best to you.Laurie R

Laurie R on 5/10/00 at 18:12 (020177)

To Cindy,
I can't believe this either!!!!!! Have they lost there minds? So what are you supposed to do now? Are you in alot of pain? If I were you I would get all my tests results and find a doctor that is going to help you and I would not stop until I found someone that would listen to me.My heart goes out to you Cindy we are here anytime you need us .My very best to you......Laurie R

Nancy S. on 5/10/00 at 18:13 (020178)

Cindy, according to the neurosurgeon, exactly why is surgery 'not indicated'? Too hard to get at? Wouldn't help? Too risky? What else did he say? If surgery is not indicated, what did he suggest for you? I hope you asked lots of questions . . . --Nancy

cindyp on 5/10/00 at 18:32 (020179)

First I am dealing with v.a. so a lot of teeth pulling is how you have to operate. I found this out at 5:20 est today. So tomorrow I start back on the phone with complaints. I am in 25+ pain and it is slowly progressing. First I start with patient representative then with podiatrist and whomever else.The secretary said she would find out and get back. I am not doing Physical Therapy again I went that route and didn't work. I am just so mad and disgusted.

cindyp on 5/10/00 at 18:36 (020180)

Plus and mind you this is conjecture on my part, the neuroma is not where they commonly occur. Mine is in my heel. Maybe they don't want to fool with it. But then what am I supposed to do. This has made it impossible for me to work and have a semblance of a normal life.

Laurie R on 5/10/00 at 19:11 (020182)

Hi Cindy again,
Even tho you are dealing with the V.A.their still has to be someone that can help you.Did they give you anything for the pain??????? Their are many pain pills that can help at least take the edge off your pain. 25+ pain level no one should have to go through that kind of pain with no medication.If you don't have any I would call and have them call in something for you,if that can't be done tonight than first thing in the morning I would have a list of things to ask the doctor.Can you go to the ER ?????I am just trying to help you 2 weeks ago I was ready to do surgery on my foot my self thats how much pain I was in,I am glad I didn't do it.Laurie R

john h on 5/10/00 at 19:42 (020183)

cindy: why a neurosurgeon for an operation on foot? get an opinion from a foot an ankle surgeon (MD) who has a FELLOWSHIP in foot and ankle surgery. The neuro doc may be right but he may be wrong.

cindyp on 5/10/00 at 19:48 (020185)

Well now I am on indomethacin 50 mg 2 a day. At night I am on elavil 25mg one a day. I am low on medicine right now. I have to see who they tell me to see. The day the podiatrist told me he said wait I have to go to ortho to see what to do with you. He was gone 1/2hour then came back and said neurosurgeon. I assume ortho wouldn't touch me. I am just wondering if they cannot/willnot help how am I going to function? Geez depression is rapidly approaching.

Laurie R on 5/10/00 at 20:17 (020189)

Cindy,
Now I understand why you are still in pain both of the meds you are taking are not for pain.I don't know if pain meds would mix well with what you are taking but I would difently ask someone so you could get some relief from your pain.....Laurie

john h on 5/11/00 at 10:05 (020213)

laurie r: i think you can pullup a website on the Mayo Clinic or Johns' Hopkins on which you may pose the question can the condition you have be treated. i once wrote to one of the departments at the Mayo Clinic and they promptly responded. we have a doctor in little rock who is the only one in the united states that can remove a particular type tumor from a childs face. not all people with the problem are aware of his ability to do this. look are 'rare diseases' on your search engines. there are is probably someone out there that can treat this. go find him.

Laurie R on 5/11/00 at 10:43 (020216)

Hi John,
I think you ment to tell Cindy this not me......I have PF and TTS and my pain is down,Cindy needs a good doctor....My best to you.Laurie R