Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pt for pf

Posted by pookie on 5/11/00 at 19:45 (020235)

i have been on pt for 5 weeks with little relief. i was wondering if anyone can say, for sure, that the foot trainer works. I am so tired of this pain that i'm gonna fork up the big bucks and get custom orthodics as this is one of my last resolves; one thing's for sure, i will not do surgery. running shoes, oc orthodics have not helped much. i can't get into any kinds of shoes, as everything i wear on my feet causes pain.... i bought the expensive new balance running shoes, and after 4 months, the shoes are up the creek and hurt my feet aswell.

Help!

pookie

Re: pt for pf

Nancy S. on 5/12/00 at 06:08 (020251)

Hi Pookie -- That's too bad you're not having luck with any footwear, or PT either. Are you getting the summer off from teaching? I'm wondering if you should try casting, which seems to be helping Laurie, and I know has helped others in the past. Your feet may need some serious rest at this point, to reach enough healing that some kind of shoe or good orthotics would then help. I know, rest in the summer sounds yucky (it wasn't fun in the winter either, actually) -- but if your pain hasn't changed, it sounds like something more radical, such as big rest, might be in order. Somehow it sounds as if your healing process needs a jump-start. --Nancy

Helene M on 5/12/00 at 16:18 (020278)

PT didn't help me either. In fact it made me a bit worse.

Re: I've heard controversial stuff about casting.....

Pookie on 5/14/00 at 21:49 (020371)

Hi:

Actually, a change happened in the last 2 days. I got so sick of the New Balance shoes, I went to academy and bought Reebock walking shoes (the cheaper kind) - this against my doctor's recommendation. I swear, my feet feel 70% better - IN 2 DAYS!!!! I'm thinking that running shoes do not cushion/help when standing all day and making small steps. These reebock have air cushions on the soles, and I love them. My heels don't feel the preassure from the floor cause the cushions really buffer each step I make and when I stand.

I was so discouraged!!, and now I feel more hope. Of course, I have not tested the walking shoes at school, but I am encouraged about the improvement I have felt this weekend.

Rest! ooh!, I hope it doesn't come to that cause I am an ultra active person, and I'm taking 9 hours this summer toward a certification in Electronic Multimedia.

Casting could be bad on my back problems too......

You know, I appreciate SO MUCH this site because no one I talk to, who does not have pf, understands how it's like. and All of you know

Thank you for lending an ear, and I hope I can be of encouragement and support to anyone who needs it on this site.

Wouldn't it be great if all of us could have a pf reunion of sorts, or a pf message board convention? LOL

Pookie

Nancy S. on 5/12/00 at 06:08 (020251)

Hi Pookie -- That's too bad you're not having luck with any footwear, or PT either. Are you getting the summer off from teaching? I'm wondering if you should try casting, which seems to be helping Laurie, and I know has helped others in the past. Your feet may need some serious rest at this point, to reach enough healing that some kind of shoe or good orthotics would then help. I know, rest in the summer sounds yucky (it wasn't fun in the winter either, actually) -- but if your pain hasn't changed, it sounds like something more radical, such as big rest, might be in order. Somehow it sounds as if your healing process needs a jump-start. --Nancy

Helene M on 5/12/00 at 16:18 (020278)

PT didn't help me either. In fact it made me a bit worse.

Re: I've heard controversial stuff about casting.....

Pookie on 5/14/00 at 21:49 (020371)

Hi:

Actually, a change happened in the last 2 days. I got so sick of the New Balance shoes, I went to academy and bought Reebock walking shoes (the cheaper kind) - this against my doctor's recommendation. I swear, my feet feel 70% better - IN 2 DAYS!!!! I'm thinking that running shoes do not cushion/help when standing all day and making small steps. These reebock have air cushions on the soles, and I love them. My heels don't feel the preassure from the floor cause the cushions really buffer each step I make and when I stand.

I was so discouraged!!, and now I feel more hope. Of course, I have not tested the walking shoes at school, but I am encouraged about the improvement I have felt this weekend.

Rest! ooh!, I hope it doesn't come to that cause I am an ultra active person, and I'm taking 9 hours this summer toward a certification in Electronic Multimedia.

Casting could be bad on my back problems too......

You know, I appreciate SO MUCH this site because no one I talk to, who does not have pf, understands how it's like. and All of you know

Thank you for lending an ear, and I hope I can be of encouragement and support to anyone who needs it on this site.

Wouldn't it be great if all of us could have a pf reunion of sorts, or a pf message board convention? LOL

Pookie