Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron Treatment next Thursday

Posted by Mary J on 5/12/00 at 06:27 (020253)

I have finally been called to come into the University of Texas in Galveston for an Ossatron treatment on my left foot. It is part of the Ossatron Study and may be a placebo. I must say I am less than enthusiastic after the reports of the 'Ossatron Gang'. But I have tried everything in the last 4 years, and my pain just gets worse. I can see no other option except maybe surgery. But I would be even be more afraid of that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Wish me luck. Mary J.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Re: Ossatron Treatment next Thursday

Trish on 5/12/00 at 08:29 (020256)

Good luck!! Keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

P.S. on 5/12/00 at 08:29 (020257)

I wonder how they could do a placebo shock wave treatment.......

Martha B. on 5/12/00 at 17:00 (020290)

Try not to think of the negative reports-many of the positive people dont post any longer now that they are better. My life is 90-95% improved. I don't takes Meds any longer and do almost anything I want to-always keeping my feet in mind. I have never been a jogger,athletic type but a very active person. It took quite awhile after the ossatron for me to call it a success but it has been for me. The clinical people 'knew' very quickly that they got the placebo when there was absolutely no pain. They were not informed for quite some time however they knew.

By the way, I live in East Texas!! Best wishes on your treatment-it has helped me tremendously.

ChrisO on 5/12/00 at 17:06 (020292)

Hey Martha - you are exactly what this board needs - a success story! Thanks for thinking of us in spite of your healthy status. I for one sure appreciate it because I just need to know that success is a reality.

Mary J. on 5/14/00 at 06:56 (020350)

Martha, It's nice to know that someone else is from Texas! We need to swap e-mail addresses. I live between Houston and Galveston. We are being carried off by mosquitos now, always are after a rain. Yes, I'll be looking for the no-pain Ossatron. I understand they will later give the real treatment if you get the placebo. So nice you are cured, Martha. Mary J.

Martha B. on 5/14/00 at 07:33 (020352)

Mary J.-would love to hear from you and if you have any questions re your treatment (no matter how insignificant) feel free to ask away.Others were so helpful to me. I am surprised to find out that they are still doing studies since FDA approval is around the corner. I am happy for you though.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE LADIES!

Trish on 5/12/00 at 08:29 (020256)

Good luck!! Keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you.

P.S. on 5/12/00 at 08:29 (020257)

I wonder how they could do a placebo shock wave treatment.......

Martha B. on 5/12/00 at 17:00 (020290)

Try not to think of the negative reports-many of the positive people dont post any longer now that they are better. My life is 90-95% improved. I don't takes Meds any longer and do almost anything I want to-always keeping my feet in mind. I have never been a jogger,athletic type but a very active person. It took quite awhile after the ossatron for me to call it a success but it has been for me. The clinical people 'knew' very quickly that they got the placebo when there was absolutely no pain. They were not informed for quite some time however they knew.

By the way, I live in East Texas!! Best wishes on your treatment-it has helped me tremendously.

ChrisO on 5/12/00 at 17:06 (020292)

Hey Martha - you are exactly what this board needs - a success story! Thanks for thinking of us in spite of your healthy status. I for one sure appreciate it because I just need to know that success is a reality.

Mary J. on 5/14/00 at 06:56 (020350)

Martha, It's nice to know that someone else is from Texas! We need to swap e-mail addresses. I live between Houston and Galveston. We are being carried off by mosquitos now, always are after a rain. Yes, I'll be looking for the no-pain Ossatron. I understand they will later give the real treatment if you get the placebo. So nice you are cured, Martha. Mary J.

Martha B. on 5/14/00 at 07:33 (020352)

Mary J.-would love to hear from you and if you have any questions re your treatment (no matter how insignificant) feel free to ask away.Others were so helpful to me. I am surprised to find out that they are still doing studies since FDA approval is around the corner. I am happy for you though.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE LADIES!