Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ankle Brace

Posted by sweetfeet on 5/12/00 at 08:06 (020255)

It's still working. Now, I wonder, how long do I have to keep wearing it???

Re: Ankle Brace

ChrisO on 5/12/00 at 10:55 (020266)

Hey SF - So the taping is still hanging in there for you? That is such a great thing! What kind of ankle brace did you get?

Nancy S. on 5/12/00 at 14:27 (020273)

Sweetfeet, I too would like to know what kind of ankle brace you have. A few months ago (?) I got the Futuro ace-like ankle support, and it has definitely given me some almost pain-free days. I'm not wearing it much now, because I'm doing pretty well without it -- I think you should probably just go by instinct -- wear it for a few days or a week and then see how you do without it, and continue wearing it if your pain comes back.
A month or so ago I became interested in a lace-up ankle brace I found at the drugstore. Didn't end up buying it, because the foot has improved a lot without it, it turns out. But I'd still like to know which one you have, just in case the past returns . . . --Nancy

Re: SF, what kind of Ankle brace do you have?

Kim B. on 5/13/00 at 19:08 (020346)

Can you describe it for us?? Sounds intersting.

Regards, Kim B.

Sweetfeet on 5/15/00 at 08:01 (020390)

The one I picked out, from this incredible drugstore, was made by Bauer & Black. It cost about $7 in Washington, DC. There so many brands to choose from that it was an eeny meany miny mo situation. This has worked and I am thrilled. I did have it off all weekend and just wore my Birks. By Sunday night, I was in pain. I took 3 Ibuprofens and went to bed. It is back on this Monday a.m. It still works. Tomorrow I am going to try ARC therapy. Amazingly, this chiropractor is covered by my health insurance! I will keep you posted. I am so excited about this visit tomorrow. Even I can FEEL scar tissue at the point of pain.

ChrisO on 5/12/00 at 10:55 (020266)

Hey SF - So the taping is still hanging in there for you? That is such a great thing! What kind of ankle brace did you get?

Nancy S. on 5/12/00 at 14:27 (020273)

Sweetfeet, I too would like to know what kind of ankle brace you have. A few months ago (?) I got the Futuro ace-like ankle support, and it has definitely given me some almost pain-free days. I'm not wearing it much now, because I'm doing pretty well without it -- I think you should probably just go by instinct -- wear it for a few days or a week and then see how you do without it, and continue wearing it if your pain comes back.
A month or so ago I became interested in a lace-up ankle brace I found at the drugstore. Didn't end up buying it, because the foot has improved a lot without it, it turns out. But I'd still like to know which one you have, just in case the past returns . . . --Nancy

Kim B. on 5/13/00 at 19:08 (020346)

Can you describe it for us?? Sounds intersting.

Regards, Kim B.

Sweetfeet on 5/15/00 at 08:01 (020390)

The one I picked out, from this incredible drugstore, was made by Bauer & Black. It cost about $7 in Washington, DC. There so many brands to choose from that it was an eeny meany miny mo situation. This has worked and I am thrilled. I did have it off all weekend and just wore my Birks. By Sunday night, I was in pain. I took 3 Ibuprofens and went to bed. It is back on this Monday a.m. It still works. Tomorrow I am going to try ARC therapy. Amazingly, this chiropractor is covered by my health insurance! I will keep you posted. I am so excited about this visit tomorrow. Even I can FEEL scar tissue at the point of pain.