Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

need an artist.......

Posted by ChrisO on 5/12/00 at 21:46 (020314)

Is anyone on this board an artist? I'd like to commission a sculpture using nothing but the thousands of orthotics we've all tried and discarded! Maybe in an image of Achilles the fleet of foot? Then we could display it at Nancy's barn door for our first annual PF barn dance.........

Re: need an artist.......

Kim B. on 5/13/00 at 09:06 (020325)

That's a great idea Chris! If you can't secure an artist for the design you mentioned, we could dip our orthotics in rubber cement and sling 'em together, letting them stick where they may. This montoge could represent the health care community's lack of consistancy regarding solutions and standard of care for PF.

On the other hand, what if it's bad luck to get rid of the junk orthotics? Maybe they are suppose to stay in our closets, forever, reminding us of where we'll end up if we don't always take extra precautions to baby our feet.

Your suggestion reminds me of the sculpture in Chicago by the pier. It's one, huge, high-heel pump shoe, made up of thousands of high heel pumps. It is a site to see.

Regards, Kim B.

Nancy S. on 5/13/00 at 09:59 (020328)

Actually, I do artwork, Chris, so since you're 'commissioning' it, how much will you pay? Keep in mind that I am abstract, it won't look like Achilles, and you might hate it.
I just came back from yard-saling for the first time since last August or Sept. or something. Boy there are a lot of people limping out there! And I was one of them because I stayed out longer than I swore I would. I'm recovering in the recliner. Have a great day --Nancy

ChrisO on 5/13/00 at 11:29 (020329)

Hey Nancy - OK, you've already done yard-saling this AM which tells me you must be east of the Mississippi. Tell you what, I make lots of different kinds of bread for a sort of hobby - I'll pay you off for your 'artwork' in bread, 'K?
My hubby and I are headed to Boston and Maine in June - lots of my friends have told me that I haven't SEEN antiques 'til I see 'em up in that area - and that there are plenty of them. Is that true?

I have the answer for financing the PF pool. Grants. Surely someone who grants grant money has PF and can support the notion of a PF 'communal' therapy pool. I mean really, we can't rehab thoroughly unless we rehab together, right?
OK you're right, I have nothing to talk about so I'm off to my little stationary exercise bike!

ChrisO on 5/13/00 at 11:36 (020330)

A sculpture of shoes - for real? And they say us Californians are too far out! I'm surprised I haven't seen it as I've taken my kids back to Mich. occasionally (grew up there) and introduced them to a day or two on Chicago's waterfront.

So if your idea sells, we should all begin buying stock in rubber cement!

Nancy S. on 5/13/00 at 13:20 (020337)

CHRIS! Not only am I east of the Mississippi, I am IN Maine. And yes, many antiques here. You know, I'm only 6 miles away from an exit on the turnpike -- why don't you stop by? I mean it.
I love bread; I bet you make wonderful breads; but I gave up bread because of the candida diet . . . too bad, eh?
--Nancy

ChrisO on 5/13/00 at 17:26 (020342)

Nancy - you PEACH! consider me there. Protect your antiques 'cuz I'm already drooling! You may have to put a bunk in that barn.....
Email me at (email removed).

pookie on 5/14/00 at 21:31 (020369)

Hi there:

What an awesome idea! I am an artist, but I'm in Houston. Just crurious, how much are you paying, and hope you find some awesome artist who can do creative things with the unwanted orthos.

I do art cars. I left my website somewhere in this message board (a month or so ago).

Pookie

Bob G. on 5/15/00 at 02:30 (020378)

Hello, Pookie!

Can't find your web site...anyway, you know you have PF if you have to show off your NightSplint to the family over the Holidays.

Kim B. on 5/13/00 at 09:06 (020325)

That's a great idea Chris! If you can't secure an artist for the design you mentioned, we could dip our orthotics in rubber cement and sling 'em together, letting them stick where they may. This montoge could represent the health care community's lack of consistancy regarding solutions and standard of care for PF.

On the other hand, what if it's bad luck to get rid of the junk orthotics? Maybe they are suppose to stay in our closets, forever, reminding us of where we'll end up if we don't always take extra precautions to baby our feet.

Your suggestion reminds me of the sculpture in Chicago by the pier. It's one, huge, high-heel pump shoe, made up of thousands of high heel pumps. It is a site to see.

Regards, Kim B.

Nancy S. on 5/13/00 at 09:59 (020328)

Actually, I do artwork, Chris, so since you're 'commissioning' it, how much will you pay? Keep in mind that I am abstract, it won't look like Achilles, and you might hate it.
I just came back from yard-saling for the first time since last August or Sept. or something. Boy there are a lot of people limping out there! And I was one of them because I stayed out longer than I swore I would. I'm recovering in the recliner. Have a great day --Nancy

ChrisO on 5/13/00 at 11:29 (020329)

Hey Nancy - OK, you've already done yard-saling this AM which tells me you must be east of the Mississippi. Tell you what, I make lots of different kinds of bread for a sort of hobby - I'll pay you off for your 'artwork' in bread, 'K?
My hubby and I are headed to Boston and Maine in June - lots of my friends have told me that I haven't SEEN antiques 'til I see 'em up in that area - and that there are plenty of them. Is that true?

I have the answer for financing the PF pool. Grants. Surely someone who grants grant money has PF and can support the notion of a PF 'communal' therapy pool. I mean really, we can't rehab thoroughly unless we rehab together, right?
OK you're right, I have nothing to talk about so I'm off to my little stationary exercise bike!

ChrisO on 5/13/00 at 11:36 (020330)

A sculpture of shoes - for real? And they say us Californians are too far out! I'm surprised I haven't seen it as I've taken my kids back to Mich. occasionally (grew up there) and introduced them to a day or two on Chicago's waterfront.

So if your idea sells, we should all begin buying stock in rubber cement!

Nancy S. on 5/13/00 at 13:20 (020337)

CHRIS! Not only am I east of the Mississippi, I am IN Maine. And yes, many antiques here. You know, I'm only 6 miles away from an exit on the turnpike -- why don't you stop by? I mean it.
I love bread; I bet you make wonderful breads; but I gave up bread because of the candida diet . . . too bad, eh?
--Nancy

ChrisO on 5/13/00 at 17:26 (020342)

Nancy - you PEACH! consider me there. Protect your antiques 'cuz I'm already drooling! You may have to put a bunk in that barn.....
Email me at (email removed).

pookie on 5/14/00 at 21:31 (020369)

Hi there:

What an awesome idea! I am an artist, but I'm in Houston. Just crurious, how much are you paying, and hope you find some awesome artist who can do creative things with the unwanted orthos.

I do art cars. I left my website somewhere in this message board (a month or so ago).

Pookie

Bob G. on 5/15/00 at 02:30 (020378)

Hello, Pookie!

Can't find your web site...anyway, you know you have PF if you have to show off your NightSplint to the family over the Holidays.