Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

can it snap?

Posted by TaylorC on 5/14/00 at 00:16 (020348)

I have been suffering from PF for a pretty long time now...I try not to keep track of exactly how long--too depressing! But my question is: Sometimes, the PF itself feels so tight and sore and painful, that I worry it'll snap! Is that possible?! Also, I think that this message board is a great thing!

Re: can it snap?

ChrisO on 5/14/00 at 10:40 (020358)

Hi Taylor - I'm not a doctor but.........folks here pretty much understand your description of the plantar being tight, sore, etc.
I don't know if it 'snaps' although I've heard occasionally about athletes who've at least torn it severly. Seems like what I've heard more is that the very nature of PF is multiple, miniscule tears in the plantar if it's not treated with it's very first show of symptoms. Those of us who've ignored it in it's initial stages and let it get more and more tight, sore, etc. have been told that the ensuing rigidity and inflammation result in repeated small tears. Have you been seeing a doctor?

Re: can it snap?

ChrisO on 5/14/00 at 10:40 (020358)

Hi Taylor - I'm not a doctor but.........folks here pretty much understand your description of the plantar being tight, sore, etc.
I don't know if it 'snaps' although I've heard occasionally about athletes who've at least torn it severly. Seems like what I've heard more is that the very nature of PF is multiple, miniscule tears in the plantar if it's not treated with it's very first show of symptoms. Those of us who've ignored it in it's initial stages and let it get more and more tight, sore, etc. have been told that the ensuing rigidity and inflammation result in repeated small tears. Have you been seeing a doctor?