Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

info please-sandal, soft sole.

Posted by charles t on 5/15/00 at 05:49 (020380)

Can anyone recommend a soft sole sandal for PF, other than Birks.
Bottoms of my feet dont have much padding and the hard Birks are toeture.

Re: info please-sandal, soft sole.

Mary J. on 5/15/00 at 06:22 (020383)

Charles, Birks are too hard for me, too. I understand they have a soft bed Birk, but I don't know how soft. The Birk store where I went didn't have them. I really hate to order them from the German site, and have to return them. Dollar General and Family Dollar are coming out with cheap Birk look alikes. Dollar General had some with a soft sole for $3.50. I bought a pair and they feel good. However, after awhile, my foot starts to hurt. But all shoes and orthotics hurt my foot after a short while. Maybe my Ossatron treatment next Thurs. will help.

Re: dollar general, etc.?

alan k on 5/15/00 at 07:27 (020384)

I would love to try some of those $3.50 (did you put the decimal point right). What is dollar general and family dollar? Can I access these on line?

thanks,

alan k

VickiJ on 5/15/00 at 07:40 (020386)

Just saw some very comfortable sandals (good stiff sole but soft heel)at the Bass SHoe oulet store....about $35

Charles T on 5/15/00 at 12:58 (020400)

Sometime ago at this message site, the soft sole Birks were mentioned.
However, i contacted the Birk site, and they assured me that there is ony one Birk sole. Wishfull thinking perhaps!

alan k on 5/15/00 at 13:39 (020403)

In fact, there is a soft-sole birk and some people on the board have it. I think it may only be available from the German website which has a link here, I think. I saw it there myself.

alan k

wendyn on 5/15/00 at 13:57 (020404)

Hi Charles - I assure you that they do exist. I am not sure why some chains carry them - and others do not. I have two pairs of soft soled birks and they are indeed different than the classic footbed. There are a few other people here who have them as well.

It's basically a classic foot bed with a cushion and suede liner on top. Now that I have adjusted so well to these, I am ready to try (carefully) a traditional hard pair.

Try contacting a few Birks chains (maybe on the net?) - you will find them eventually.

Beverly on 5/15/00 at 14:09 (020405)

I love Ecco sandals. I found mine at Dilliards. They are expensive but worth every penny. My doctor likes them too. They have good support but aren't as hard as Birks.
Beverly

Mary J. on 5/17/00 at 06:02 (020477)

Alan, Dollar General and Family Dollar are little inexpensive department stores. They are spread all over the south. I live south of Houston, and when I go home to Alabama, I see them all along the way. Yes, the $3.50 was right. I gave my brother a pair for his birthday. He has PF, and he said he loves the soft arch support. They are made of very cheap material, but they look just like the Arizona Birks.

Mary J. on 5/15/00 at 06:22 (020383)

Charles, Birks are too hard for me, too. I understand they have a soft bed Birk, but I don't know how soft. The Birk store where I went didn't have them. I really hate to order them from the German site, and have to return them. Dollar General and Family Dollar are coming out with cheap Birk look alikes. Dollar General had some with a soft sole for $3.50. I bought a pair and they feel good. However, after awhile, my foot starts to hurt. But all shoes and orthotics hurt my foot after a short while. Maybe my Ossatron treatment next Thurs. will help.

alan k on 5/15/00 at 07:27 (020384)

I would love to try some of those $3.50 (did you put the decimal point right). What is dollar general and family dollar? Can I access these on line?

thanks,

alan k

VickiJ on 5/15/00 at 07:40 (020386)

Just saw some very comfortable sandals (good stiff sole but soft heel)at the Bass SHoe oulet store....about $35

Charles T on 5/15/00 at 12:58 (020400)

Sometime ago at this message site, the soft sole Birks were mentioned.
However, i contacted the Birk site, and they assured me that there is ony one Birk sole. Wishfull thinking perhaps!

alan k on 5/15/00 at 13:39 (020403)

In fact, there is a soft-sole birk and some people on the board have it. I think it may only be available from the German website which has a link here, I think. I saw it there myself.

alan k

wendyn on 5/15/00 at 13:57 (020404)

Hi Charles - I assure you that they do exist. I am not sure why some chains carry them - and others do not. I have two pairs of soft soled birks and they are indeed different than the classic footbed. There are a few other people here who have them as well.

It's basically a classic foot bed with a cushion and suede liner on top. Now that I have adjusted so well to these, I am ready to try (carefully) a traditional hard pair.

Try contacting a few Birks chains (maybe on the net?) - you will find them eventually.

Beverly on 5/15/00 at 14:09 (020405)

I love Ecco sandals. I found mine at Dilliards. They are expensive but worth every penny. My doctor likes them too. They have good support but aren't as hard as Birks.
Beverly

Mary J. on 5/17/00 at 06:02 (020477)

Alan, Dollar General and Family Dollar are little inexpensive department stores. They are spread all over the south. I live south of Houston, and when I go home to Alabama, I see them all along the way. Yes, the $3.50 was right. I gave my brother a pair for his birthday. He has PF, and he said he loves the soft arch support. They are made of very cheap material, but they look just like the Arizona Birks.