Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Taking my heels to Florida

Posted by Nanafitz on 5/15/00 at 10:58 (020395)

Hi everybody! I've had my removable cast on for a week now (off only at bedtime and showering)and the heel feels pretty good as long as I don't overdo it (so what else is new). Since I have bilateral pf, I haven't noticed any more discomfort in the uncasted heel. I'm trying to think positive, massaging and stretching before and after the cast is on and off, and hope that some even semi-improvement is going to result from this new treatment for me. I do have a hard time adjusting to the resting and/or decreased activity part of the healing but I'm trying to stay just in the moment. Anyway, since my surgery was cancelled for now, I'm flying down to Weston, Florida for a week to visit my son, daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters (ages 2 1/2 and 10 months). I live on Long Island and haven't seen them since December. I am so excited!!!!! And I have promised myself that the rules will be the same down there as at home, heel wise. So even though I'm taking my heels with me (I've named the left heel LILY and the right heel TULIP so collectively they're called LILY-TULIP), they'll enjoy the change also. Will hook up after I return and let you know how LILY-TULIP and I enjoyed sunny Florida. Hope you all feel well and I continue to wish you all of God's blessings! Nanafitz

Re: Taking my heels to FloridaRe nana

Laurie R on 5/15/00 at 12:19 (020397)

Hi Nana,
I hope you have a wonderful trip,and I love the fact that you named your feet/heels...Also you go and enjoy your grand children I bet they can't wait to see you....My very best to you .Laurie R

Re: Taking my heels to Florida

ChrisO on 5/15/00 at 20:58 (020417)

My left heel is now named 'Rose' and the right one 'Bud'.
Thanks, Nana, and have a delightful time with your family!

wendyn on 5/15/00 at 22:13 (020419)

I'm sorry - I try to be nice to my feet...but if I were to name them I would not be able to post the names I would give them.

Maybe...

#$#%@$#%
and
$$%%%$$!

or perhaps

$%%$!@#
and

@##$?

Better that mine shall remain nameless.

When I had bunion surgery I named my IV pole. There was a really annoying guy at work named Fred. He was always following me around and bugging me - getting in the way. So was my IV pole.

Now whenever I have the great fortune to be strapped to an IV - it is affectionately known as Fred.

Re: Taking my heels to FloridaRe nana

Laurie R on 5/15/00 at 12:19 (020397)

Hi Nana,
I hope you have a wonderful trip,and I love the fact that you named your feet/heels...Also you go and enjoy your grand children I bet they can't wait to see you....My very best to you .Laurie R

ChrisO on 5/15/00 at 20:58 (020417)

My left heel is now named 'Rose' and the right one 'Bud'.
Thanks, Nana, and have a delightful time with your family!

wendyn on 5/15/00 at 22:13 (020419)

I'm sorry - I try to be nice to my feet...but if I were to name them I would not be able to post the names I would give them.

Maybe...

#$#%@$#%
and
$$%%%$$!

or perhaps

$%%$!@#
and

@##$?

Better that mine shall remain nameless.

When I had bunion surgery I named my IV pole. There was a really annoying guy at work named Fred. He was always following me around and bugging me - getting in the way. So was my IV pole.

Now whenever I have the great fortune to be strapped to an IV - it is affectionately known as Fred.