Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

Posted by ChrisO on 5/15/00 at 17:06 (020409)

Yes, that's me being really frustrated! Saturday was a great day - played an hour of ball, no pain. Iced after and so on. Sunday was the most perfect pain-free day I've had in two years. And, I didn't react to that by overdoing. Went to a movie and dinner, that's it.
Today I woke up with tight arches and have had serious arch and heel pain ALL DAY! I just DON'T get it!

But boy was that a GREAT movie - 'Return to Me' - even my husband liked it. I especially liked the line that goes something like 'If you don't shave [your legs] you won't let it get serious.....' You'll get it when you see it! Couldn't help but think of you, Wendy!

Re: arghhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

wendyn on 5/15/00 at 22:27 (020422)

As I said - I will forever be known as Wendy (the one with hairy legs that walks like a duck). Nice.

We went to Gladiator on the weekend - I really liked it. Only thing that would have made it better is if it had Mel Gibson in it. Not that the main character was anything to turn your nose up at - but I'm partial to Mel Gibson.

I hope things improve for you Chris. When I was driving home last Thursday having my pity party - that ridiculous song 'It Sucks to be You' came on the radio. Cracked me right up...Chris today it sucks to be YOU.!

Nancy S. on 5/16/00 at 03:28 (020427)

Chris, was the hour of ball-playing much more intense activity on your feet than you've had for quite a while? If so, there was probably not enough building up of foot endurance for it (such as 5 min. one day, 10 min. another, et.). But the pain-free time after something like that, before the pain hits again, is weird, isn't it? A while back one of my cats tripped me and I landed hard on my PF foot, with half the heel on the edge of my slip-on Birkenstock and half on the floor. I thought, Oh man, this is going to be bad! . . . but it left me totally pain-free for a couple of days. Then -- setback time. I didn't get it and still don't, but rested it and did all the usual stuff and it recovered back to the point where I'd been before my little trip. I hope that happens for you quickly --Nancy

ChrisO on 5/16/00 at 10:13 (020435)

Ha! I just KNEW you had cats!
I think it's reasonable to wonder about that hour of ball-playing. I actually have been doing well with about 2 hours of it about once a week with no repercussions as long as I ice and so on. But you're right, it was that ensuing 36 pain-free hours that mucks up the theory! However - I may well have figured out what happened. Because I was SO pain-free for two full days, I decided to add gentle calf-stretching to my regime on Sunday night. Honest, though, I really worked at minimal stretching! So I have to assume that that is what did the damage. I know that Robin is totally empathizing as she reads!

wendyn on 5/15/00 at 22:27 (020422)

As I said - I will forever be known as Wendy (the one with hairy legs that walks like a duck). Nice.

We went to Gladiator on the weekend - I really liked it. Only thing that would have made it better is if it had Mel Gibson in it. Not that the main character was anything to turn your nose up at - but I'm partial to Mel Gibson.

I hope things improve for you Chris. When I was driving home last Thursday having my pity party - that ridiculous song 'It Sucks to be You' came on the radio. Cracked me right up...Chris today it sucks to be YOU.!

Nancy S. on 5/16/00 at 03:28 (020427)

Chris, was the hour of ball-playing much more intense activity on your feet than you've had for quite a while? If so, there was probably not enough building up of foot endurance for it (such as 5 min. one day, 10 min. another, et.). But the pain-free time after something like that, before the pain hits again, is weird, isn't it? A while back one of my cats tripped me and I landed hard on my PF foot, with half the heel on the edge of my slip-on Birkenstock and half on the floor. I thought, Oh man, this is going to be bad! . . . but it left me totally pain-free for a couple of days. Then -- setback time. I didn't get it and still don't, but rested it and did all the usual stuff and it recovered back to the point where I'd been before my little trip. I hope that happens for you quickly --Nancy

ChrisO on 5/16/00 at 10:13 (020435)

Ha! I just KNEW you had cats!
I think it's reasonable to wonder about that hour of ball-playing. I actually have been doing well with about 2 hours of it about once a week with no repercussions as long as I ice and so on. But you're right, it was that ensuing 36 pain-free hours that mucks up the theory! However - I may well have figured out what happened. Because I was SO pain-free for two full days, I decided to add gentle calf-stretching to my regime on Sunday night. Honest, though, I really worked at minimal stretching! So I have to assume that that is what did the damage. I know that Robin is totally empathizing as she reads!