Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

wendyn hairy legs and all

Posted by dfet on 5/15/00 at 20:32 (020414)

I've been out of the message board for quite some time. I started a new job, not much better than the first. I read your post and thought wow, that is me. My ortho pod in the guiste of things said the same. You are wise to hold off on surgery, I likewise, on the advise of my orthopod. The podiatrist, on the other hand was quick to say that it was a simple surgery, and that it would be within my best interests to get it done. Well I'm glad I switched docs!!! Your doc sounds like he's on the ball. My arches are in pretty good shape for the moment. I've been faithful to PT ,and my nightsplints seem to help,because they immobilze my feet at night. I'm a little better these days, but I can only attribute it to PT , time of healing(8mos), nightspints, and trying to limit my time on my feet(very difficult). I too, if you've read any of my posts about rigid orthotics, was a victim of the rigids. Like yourself I have that weird burning in my calf. I'm not certain if, likePF, if ther's one cure, infact I'm certain there is not one cure, but I was told by my orthopod if it is providing relief then just do it! Sorry , I'm rambling. Thank you for sharing. My next appointment is in July, to see if I progressed, or if anything short of surgery can be done with me. At this stage, I think, although slowly, things are progressing forward. Hopefully they will continue. I hope that things get better for you, Wendyn. All my best-dfeet

Re: I will never live down the hairy legs

wendyn on 5/15/00 at 22:21 (020420)

My legs are still hairy. Wednesday is my big day. Went to the gym in long pants today - but got some strange looks in the change room. Oh well. Everyone there already knows I'm a little odd.

My feet are decent. Certainly not marathon material but I can get by. I am continuing with 50 mcg of B12 per day. My last blood test showed I've moved up to the normal range (normal is 150 to 800, mine is now 217). I imagine my GP will want to poke me with another shot anyway.

Once my MRI and nerve conduction tests are done - I will pursue the acupuncture/physio/massage etc route a little more actively.

I also think that I will try one more pair of orthtotics - in either a hiking boot or high top runner. I cannot stand any pressure from a shoe on my inner ankle - and that's right wear a running shoe pushes.

I hope things continue to improve for you too!

Dfeet what part of the world are you in?

Re: I will never live down the hairy legs

wendyn on 5/15/00 at 22:21 (020420)

My legs are still hairy. Wednesday is my big day. Went to the gym in long pants today - but got some strange looks in the change room. Oh well. Everyone there already knows I'm a little odd.

My feet are decent. Certainly not marathon material but I can get by. I am continuing with 50 mcg of B12 per day. My last blood test showed I've moved up to the normal range (normal is 150 to 800, mine is now 217). I imagine my GP will want to poke me with another shot anyway.

Once my MRI and nerve conduction tests are done - I will pursue the acupuncture/physio/massage etc route a little more actively.

I also think that I will try one more pair of orthtotics - in either a hiking boot or high top runner. I cannot stand any pressure from a shoe on my inner ankle - and that's right wear a running shoe pushes.

I hope things continue to improve for you too!

Dfeet what part of the world are you in?