Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

La Plume shoes? 2'' wedge heel? Am I reducing the pain and causing more damage?

Posted by L.Bridges on 5/15/00 at 22:34 (020423)

I went on the search for shoes about 7 months ago. I had always gone for the really cushioned shoes, because the pain is so bad, and I am on my feet at least 8 hours a day if not longer. I did look at Birkenstocks, but I just don't care for the way they look, and they didn't feel comfortable to me. I did however walk out of the store with a pair of La Plume shoes. They are cork, like Birkenstocks, but they have a wedge heel, about an 1 to 1 1/2 inches high. I wear them to work now. I have read that an elevated heel will reduce the pain, and for me it seems too. My question is::: am I making it worse in the long run?? By wearing a form of a heel? There are days when I can work all day and they feel great, no problem, then there are the occasional days where the La Plumes kill my feet. Has anyone else tried a wedge heel?

Re: La Plume shoes? 2'' wedge heel? Am I reducing the pain and causing more damage?

pookie on 5/19/00 at 22:51 (020629)

Where did you get them?

Re: La Plume shoes? 2'' wedge heel? Am I reducing the pain and causing more damage?

pookie on 5/19/00 at 22:51 (020629)

Where did you get them?