Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

12 Weeks Post Ossatron

Posted by Nicole V.R. on 5/16/00 at 22:48 (020474)

I have had significantly more pain this week, actually. I believe that I have gained a few pounds (won't know for sure until I see the doctor next week), and this may be contributing to the pain. Wow! All that pain for a few pounds and I'll probably gain more before I give birth. As soon as I'm able to sit at the computer for a more tolerable period of time, I'm going to investigate ART on this board, since it appears to be a very safe form of treatment.
So how is everyone else from the Toronto trip doing? I'd love to hear some happy stories!
Good luck to all,
Nicole.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: 12 Weeks Post Ossatron

GinaC on 5/17/00 at 10:58 (020485)

After having a serious flare up last week, I am doing better again, but still need to be careful about activity. Talked to Dr. Gordon,who advised me to use anti-inflams for a while and give the healing process another couple of weeks. At that point I would need to decide whether to go on as is, or return for a second treatment. He said about 20 percent of patients require a second treatment. I'm also wondering if a follow-up treatment with a lower-power (sonorex, orbasone) machine would do any good. Have no idea what I will do but wait my extra few weeks and see how things go. Overall, I've had improvement, but not to the extent I had hoped for. I continue to have some pain and to need to limit walking, standing. Hope others are doing better!
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Re: 12 Weeks Post Ossatronn - ART treatments

Helen on 5/17/00 at 20:00 (020509)

Hi there. Seems only a few of us 'Ossies' are now posting. I continue to have a lot of pain, certainly am in a flare up, whereas I was not before Ossatron. I have had two ART treatments and had two good days a few days after the first ART. But now I am having mostly pain filled days. Not sure how long will keep up the ART since I find it pricey. I will keep rolling golf balls under my foot, using ice afterwards and using the personal foot trainers. It is warm and lovely outside so I don't want to stay indoors and rest my feet! I find it hard to be inactive this time of year. But maybe walking around the garden is ok, I don't know! At any rate, it seems a number of us did not have the magic cure the Ossatron seemed to promised. I find this interesting.

Good luck to all.

Helen

Matt L on 5/18/00 at 08:31 (020530)

I will be having another ESWT treatment next week. At this point I would term the Toronto OssaTron treatment a qualified success. The areas that received a sufficient amount of treatment have become better. However there is a spot towards the inside of the fascia band that probably didn't get treated. Additionally, there are other spots further up the fascia towards the toes that I want treated.

Additionally, I have found a chiropractor in the area that does A.R.T. Have had two treatments. Too early to tell if there's going to be any benefit.

john h on 5/21/00 at 17:42 (020674)

is ART appropriate after only 12 weeks since your ossatron treatment? i have no idea but if the ossatron's purpose is to do some damage to the underlying tissue which is supposed to heal back with more blood supply and less pain then ART would seem a questionable procedure to me? dr zuckerman or weil or david weigh in on this subject.

Karen K on 5/22/00 at 11:39 (020686)

Matt,
Great news your OssaTron tx was a success! Wow, you didn't waste any time going for a second round. I can't say as I blame you a bit. I'm also thrilled with my improvement so far and want to go back for more. I thought I'd wait a bit and see when the next FDA meeting would be and try to stick it out but why suffer any longer then we have to? Good luck and keep posting.

GinaC on 5/17/00 at 10:58 (020485)

After having a serious flare up last week, I am doing better again, but still need to be careful about activity. Talked to Dr. Gordon,who advised me to use anti-inflams for a while and give the healing process another couple of weeks. At that point I would need to decide whether to go on as is, or return for a second treatment. He said about 20 percent of patients require a second treatment. I'm also wondering if a follow-up treatment with a lower-power (sonorex, orbasone) machine would do any good. Have no idea what I will do but wait my extra few weeks and see how things go. Overall, I've had improvement, but not to the extent I had hoped for. I continue to have some pain and to need to limit walking, standing. Hope others are doing better!

Helen on 5/17/00 at 20:00 (020509)

Hi there. Seems only a few of us 'Ossies' are now posting. I continue to have a lot of pain, certainly am in a flare up, whereas I was not before Ossatron. I have had two ART treatments and had two good days a few days after the first ART. But now I am having mostly pain filled days. Not sure how long will keep up the ART since I find it pricey. I will keep rolling golf balls under my foot, using ice afterwards and using the personal foot trainers. It is warm and lovely outside so I don't want to stay indoors and rest my feet! I find it hard to be inactive this time of year. But maybe walking around the garden is ok, I don't know! At any rate, it seems a number of us did not have the magic cure the Ossatron seemed to promised. I find this interesting.

Good luck to all.

Helen

Matt L on 5/18/00 at 08:31 (020530)

I will be having another ESWT treatment next week. At this point I would term the Toronto OssaTron treatment a qualified success. The areas that received a sufficient amount of treatment have become better. However there is a spot towards the inside of the fascia band that probably didn't get treated. Additionally, there are other spots further up the fascia towards the toes that I want treated.

Additionally, I have found a chiropractor in the area that does A.R.T. Have had two treatments. Too early to tell if there's going to be any benefit.

john h on 5/21/00 at 17:42 (020674)

is ART appropriate after only 12 weeks since your ossatron treatment? i have no idea but if the ossatron's purpose is to do some damage to the underlying tissue which is supposed to heal back with more blood supply and less pain then ART would seem a questionable procedure to me? dr zuckerman or weil or david weigh in on this subject.

Karen K on 5/22/00 at 11:39 (020686)

Matt,
Great news your OssaTron tx was a success! Wow, you didn't waste any time going for a second round. I can't say as I blame you a bit. I'm also thrilled with my improvement so far and want to go back for more. I thought I'd wait a bit and see when the next FDA meeting would be and try to stick it out but why suffer any longer then we have to? Good luck and keep posting.