Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

One week post Sonorex - David I have a question

Posted by Astrid Bierworth on 5/17/00 at 09:59 (020482)

I had my 3rd treatment one week ago and the current scenario is: no pain in the morning, very little if any can be felt by pressing on the heel. A bit of pain as the day wears on, depending on how much I have been on my feet.

My question is this: Can anything I do at this time make things worse (as in regression)? If I try running in one week as the physio who operated the Sonorex suggested, will that cause it to get worse again? I really believe the Sonorex has made a huge difference in reducing the pain to almost nothing. I put a lot of my own money out on it, and I don't want to waste it, but I really, really want to run again. And the sooner the better. Thanks so much for you input.

My advice to anyone who wants to try Sonorex for pf is go for it! The results so far have been amazing.

Astrid.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex

Re: One week post Sonorex - David I have a question

David L on 5/17/00 at 18:45 (020500)

Our usual recommendation for those treated with the Sonocur is that they can return to their normal activity relatively soon. Our German colleagues have suggested that those, such as yourself, who have chronic painful conditions related to particular activities might be best served to wait 4-6 weeks in order to get the maximal effect of healing and newly induced blood supply. When activity is resumed, it might be best to start slowly and gradually build to the level you wish to achieve. In addition, they stress the use of proper equipment shoes) with orthotics.

Re: One week post Sonorex - David I have a question

David L on 5/17/00 at 18:45 (020500)

Our usual recommendation for those treated with the Sonocur is that they can return to their normal activity relatively soon. Our German colleagues have suggested that those, such as yourself, who have chronic painful conditions related to particular activities might be best served to wait 4-6 weeks in order to get the maximal effect of healing and newly induced blood supply. When activity is resumed, it might be best to start slowly and gradually build to the level you wish to achieve. In addition, they stress the use of proper equipment shoes) with orthotics.