Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tingling in Toe

Posted by Ann G on 5/18/00 at 07:45 (020528)

I had PF surgery over a year ago. It took a year for the pain to go away. I still have a slight discomfort if I am on my feet for awhile. I would recommend the surgery but be patient. Anyway, I have noticed a tingling in my toe lately. It feels like I have a toe ring on. Any thoughts??

Re: Tingling in Toe

alan k on 5/18/00 at 08:08 (020529)

Sounds like a nerve issue. You should see a doctor and/or a neurologist about that soon, to catch whatever it is, if it is anything at all, early and just in case.

alan k

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/18/00 at 19:45 (020560)

Which toe are you talking about?. Alot of patients will develop neuroma and or neursitis in the interspaces of the foot. The third interspace is usually the most common. This is usually due to compensation from the difficult painful walking that has ocurred during your one year healing period. See the doctor who did the surgery and mention this to him if it continues to be a problem.

alan k on 5/18/00 at 08:08 (020529)

Sounds like a nerve issue. You should see a doctor and/or a neurologist about that soon, to catch whatever it is, if it is anything at all, early and just in case.

alan k

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/18/00 at 19:45 (020560)

Which toe are you talking about?. Alot of patients will develop neuroma and or neursitis in the interspaces of the foot. The third interspace is usually the most common. This is usually due to compensation from the difficult painful walking that has ocurred during your one year healing period. See the doctor who did the surgery and mention this to him if it continues to be a problem.