Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PFT's

Posted by Sweetfeet on 5/19/00 at 08:33 (020582)

Well, I just love this site! I now have ordered the personal foot trainer. I have already been doing exercises to make my feet stronger so this really is more of a natural progression. Besides, I am willing to try anything at this point. Btw, the ankle brace stopped working! I don't know why. Maybe it got 'stretched' too much. Gee, I knew there could not be any magical cure. When it went away before, I thought it was gone forever. Silly me, I had no idea how lucky I was for that pain-free time. I am in pain everyday now...I volunteered at my child's school for an event and stood on my feet for several hours. Needless to say, by the end of the day, my feet were THROBBING! I took 3 advils and stretched out on the couch.

Re: PFT's

Angie on 5/20/00 at 21:32 (020657)

Sweetfeet- I just recently tried an ankle brace. The first day I had it on about 5 hours. Felt really good- alot less pain in the arch and around my ankle. I too thought maybe this was the 'cure' I was looking for. Boy was I wrong! The second day I wore it -I wore it the same amount of time- by the 5th hour I had to take it off because I was in pain! It has been two days since then and I am in awful pain! Somehow I think I re-injured my PF by wearing the ankle brace. I am getting truly frustrated. I have had PF for 9 months now and every time I think I am getting better I have a set back. I know how you feel, but we all keep plugging away trying to find a cure. Angie

Re: PFT's

Angie on 5/20/00 at 21:32 (020657)

Sweetfeet- I just recently tried an ankle brace. The first day I had it on about 5 hours. Felt really good- alot less pain in the arch and around my ankle. I too thought maybe this was the 'cure' I was looking for. Boy was I wrong! The second day I wore it -I wore it the same amount of time- by the 5th hour I had to take it off because I was in pain! It has been two days since then and I am in awful pain! Somehow I think I re-injured my PF by wearing the ankle brace. I am getting truly frustrated. I have had PF for 9 months now and every time I think I am getting better I have a set back. I know how you feel, but we all keep plugging away trying to find a cure. Angie