Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It's Over, Had Ossatron Treatment

Posted by Mary J. on 5/19/00 at 08:49 (020584)

Had my Ossatron treatment yesterday at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. I have to comment that this treatment was on of the most positive medical experiences I have ever had. Dr. Trevino and his nurse, Margaret, make a great team. In attendance also was Kim, from the Baylor College of Medicine Ossatron Study. She held my hand during the treatment, and was very careful to stop occasionally when I seemed uncomfortable. In attendance also were two Healthtronics representatives. They explained that the Ossatron FDA approval was being held up simply because of red tape. It seems that the FDA board has a new member (non-medical) who refused to act until he had read every paper on the study. He seemed to think it might be August or before if they could push it up.
My heel is sore this morning, but I expected that. I will take it easy and never expect too much because I have chronic PF (over 4 years now), and I read before that chronic PF was harder to cure. Good luck to the Rekha and Beverly who are getting the Orbasone treatment this week. Let us hear from you. Mary J.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Re: It's Over, Had Ossatron Treatment

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/19/00 at 19:22 (020617)

Glad you had a great experience. Wish you well.

Dr. Zuckerman. Do you know how many patients have been done at this center and the results. Any information is helpful to all.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Beverly on 5/25/00 at 17:46 (020880)

Mary,

I hope your treatment helps. I can't imagine having this for four years. I'm a different Beverly... not the one having the Ossatron treatment.
But I'd like to know more about it in case my PF doesn't clear up.
I've read several posts about people getting treated in Galveston.
I live in South Texas... just hours from Galveston; so this peaks my curiosity. How much does it cost? How bad does PF need to be before getting it? What are the risks/rewards?

Thanks,
Beverly

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/19/00 at 19:22 (020617)

Glad you had a great experience. Wish you well.

Dr. Zuckerman. Do you know how many patients have been done at this center and the results. Any information is helpful to all.

Beverly on 5/25/00 at 17:46 (020880)

Mary,

I hope your treatment helps. I can't imagine having this for four years. I'm a different Beverly... not the one having the Ossatron treatment.
But I'd like to know more about it in case my PF doesn't clear up.
I've read several posts about people getting treated in Galveston.
I live in South Texas... just hours from Galveston; so this peaks my curiosity. How much does it cost? How bad does PF need to be before getting it? What are the risks/rewards?

Thanks,
Beverly