Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dear David

Posted by Jonathan on 5/21/00 at 01:45 (020660)

First off, thank you David for being so helpful!
I want to ask you about the results you have been getting in YOUR clinics with the treatment of wrist tendinitis. When properly diagnosed, are they as successfull as the treatment of other areas, (ie. elbow, sholder, ankle etc) or less so? In other words does success seem to depend on injury location?

Thanx,

Jonathan
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex

Re: Dear David

David L on 5/21/00 at 16:31 (020672)

Thank you for your kind remarks. In the Sonorex Therapy Centers, we have had some very good results with Sonocur therapy. In fact, in our just-completed patient information video, we profile four patients who suffered tremendously and have had great success... a man with tennis elbow, a woman with PF, a man with patellar tendinitis and a woman who suffered terribly from wrist tendinitis. She has done EXTREMELY well. Of course, this is anecdotal, but she doesn't care about that! We have treated a few patients with carpal tunnel syndrome who have not responded. They have had some success in Europe treating it, but maybe we haven't treated enough patients with it yet. The nice thing about ESWT is that it's not going to injure you, so it's up to you whether to give it a try or not. In answer to your question about location, it doesn't seem to make much difference, although I've seen almost everybody who has Achilles tendinitis have relief.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
David Lowy
Vice President, Canada
Sonorex Therapy Centers Tel: 1 877 766-6287 http://www.sonorex.com

john h on 5/21/00 at 17:37 (020673)

david: do you have any statistical data to share on the success rate of sonnerex in the treatment of PF?
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

David L on 5/23/00 at 12:29 (020724)

I noticed that Dr. Rompe posted results on the treatment of PF this morning on this board. If you send me your address, I can mail you the study.

David L on 5/21/00 at 16:31 (020672)

Thank you for your kind remarks. In the Sonorex Therapy Centers, we have had some very good results with Sonocur therapy. In fact, in our just-completed patient information video, we profile four patients who suffered tremendously and have had great success... a man with tennis elbow, a woman with PF, a man with patellar tendinitis and a woman who suffered terribly from wrist tendinitis. She has done EXTREMELY well. Of course, this is anecdotal, but she doesn't care about that! We have treated a few patients with carpal tunnel syndrome who have not responded. They have had some success in Europe treating it, but maybe we haven't treated enough patients with it yet. The nice thing about ESWT is that it's not going to injure you, so it's up to you whether to give it a try or not. In answer to your question about location, it doesn't seem to make much difference, although I've seen almost everybody who has Achilles tendinitis have relief.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
David Lowy
Vice President, Canada
Sonorex Therapy Centers Tel: 1 877 766-6287 http://www.sonorex.com

john h on 5/21/00 at 17:37 (020673)

david: do you have any statistical data to share on the success rate of sonnerex in the treatment of PF?
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

David L on 5/23/00 at 12:29 (020724)

I noticed that Dr. Rompe posted results on the treatment of PF this morning on this board. If you send me your address, I can mail you the study.