Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orbasone treatment with Dr. Zuckerman - WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE

Posted by iris on 5/21/00 at 10:47 (020664)

dear pf family,
i had my treatment done yesterday at dr. zuckerman's office in woodbury, n.j. i live on long island, n.y. and traveled to his office. prior to getting treatment, i was in contact with dr. zuckerman. he was always responsive to my calls and emails. he had me take MRIs of both feet before he would consider treatment.
he COULD NOT BE MORE SUPPORTIVE, HELPFUL AND THOUGHTFUL!

i currently have less discomfort at the present time than i often have had in the past. of course, i have been in the house just relaxing, not going to my job as a teacher, walking on the hard floors from one room to another. i promise i will keep all of you posted on my road to recovery. however, i felt it was very important to let all of you know that there is a doctor that provides excellent care. he spent a great deal of time with me explaining the treatment, answering my questions and discussing prevention. he even spoke to my husband about his foot problems,gave suggestions to help him and DID NOT CHARGE HIM FOR AN OFFICE VISIT.

what a wonderful experience to meet a compassionate person who provides medical care. I AM GRATEFUL.
iris
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Orbasone

Re: Orbasone treatment with Dr. Zuckerman - WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE

redsparkle100 on 5/21/00 at 23:14 (020679)

Hi Iris--I live in the New York/Long Island area and so I would be very much interested in talking with you if possible to get some information on Dr. Zuckerman and the treatment--is this the same as the Ossatron in Canada? I had followed this board for a long time but have been away from the internet for a few months due to an exceptionally busy time in my life. Anyway, I always planned to hold out until this was approved for the United States and it looks like it has been. If you e-mail me, maybe we can find a few minutes to talk. I wish you the very best in your recovery and hope you have a complete cure!
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: Iris, I'm very interested in your experience with the Orbasone

Helene M on 5/22/00 at 08:27 (020680)

Iris, thanks for posting about your positive experience. I do hope you've found the cure you've been looking for. I,too,live in the Long Island area & am very interested in learning more about your experience. Please e-mail me if you can. Thanks!

Laurie R on 5/22/00 at 15:07 (020690)

Hi to all,
I would just like to add that Dr.Zuckerman is a wonderful person,I have e-mailed him in the past about question I had forgot to ask my Podiatrist and he ALWAYS answered me their were many I have sent him too,I am not his patient and he took the time out for me.
You are WONDERFUL Dr.Z...........Bless you for being so kind Laurie R

john h on 5/23/00 at 09:08 (020720)

i remember when dr Z first started posting on the board. he took a lot of heat about his spelling, etc. he is now one of our better sources of information.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/23/00 at 19:49 (020744)

I just wanted to tell you in the last note I sent you there are still some spelling problems. I am getting better.

iris on 5/24/00 at 05:49 (020757)

dear dr. zuckerman,
i gladly take you with your spelling and typing problems over any other doctor i have met in my efforts to be healed of this condition. you provide so much of your time and knowledge to this board, you deserve and i personally present you with this award; YOU ARE A WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING AND A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE DOCTOR.
sincerely,
iris

Rose on 5/24/00 at 09:30 (020769)

I would like to find out who this Dr. Zuckerman is and where he can be reached. I live in Chicago and have the same exact symptoms as everyone else using this treatment. If no one in Chicago is doing this treatment, maybe I can get hold of Dr. Zuckerman and make an appointment to see him. thanks for your help.

john h on 5/24/00 at 16:08 (020790)

dr Z: spelling sucks for many of us. if many of the thousand of passengers knew what a horrible speller their pilot was they would probably have refused to fly with me. i can walk the walk and i can talk the talk but spelling is for the bees (great pun huh?)

Nancy S. on 5/24/00 at 22:11 (020815)

Hi Rose -- I believe Dr. Weil, who posts here, is in the Chicago area and does EWST. You might try doing a search to find his email or other address, or else direct a post to him on this message board. --Nancy S.

Duane E on 5/25/00 at 02:10 (020821)

Your comparison of a commercial pilot and a podiatrist is interesting. Both can be poor spellers. However, that is where the similarity in deficiencies ends. The communication between the pilot and ATC must be precise and unambiguous. The proper use of grammar greatly aids this effort. The pilot must know the full operational capabilities of his equipment (aircraft). The pilot must not only have an operating handbook, but it must be in the cockpit for quick reference. Having the handbook in the cockpit is so important, that a pilot who operated for months without it would be promptly dismissed when his actions were discovered. Regardless of how wonderful a person the pilot was, he would still be dismissed.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/25/00 at 10:36 (020841)

Hi. Duane,

I always have had the operational manuel from day one. In fact I video taped the complete instructions on the use, operation and maintance of the orbasone. In my office we fly the obasone like they fly jets. We have a checkout list before, during and after. The maintance of the machine is also on a daily check off list. I can't quote power joules/mm2 without actually seeing the testing which I have seen.

Duane E on 5/25/00 at 11:54 (020854)

So, your post on 2/09/2000 was not truthful?

Posted by Dr. zuckerman on 2/09/100
I was taught without a manuel . I am still waiting for the printing of the manuel. But I went into my file and found the information for the osstran. I forget I was given it a few years ago by John W. Will compare when the orbasone manuel comes in. ............................

john h on 5/25/00 at 12:13 (020857)

duane: what you say is true. i made it thru 10,000 hours of high performance jet fighters, transports, and helicopters with no injuries to anyone. my only problem was i got shot down on my second tour in vietnam in which spelling played no part. i even graduated from college (nebraska) on the deans list. my spelling is still lousy. what makes excellent pilots is staying ahead of the aircraft, knowing your own capabilities, proper planning, religiously following your checklist, possessing the phyical and mental skills to do the job, and coolness under pressure. there was a time when the majority of civil aviation accidents (not commercial) were caused by booze. that is hard to grasp but true. i have sat on many aircraft accident investigaion boards and have been the 1st on the site of at least a dozen aircraft accidents. i hoisted a dozen of more aircrew members out of the jungles of laos. if i am an expert at anything it is flying.

john h on 5/25/00 at 12:21 (020859)

rose: dr weil is indeed in chicago. i think he is in the northern suburbs. most of his post allow you to reach him through email. he has been using the orbasone since february. i have talked to him on the phone and he is a very helpful and pleasant person. i think his first name is Lowell or Dr. Lowell Weil, Jr.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/25/00 at 17:09 (020877)

I was taught without the manuel. I made my own manuel of operation
just like taking notes execept we did both notes and a video so that there was no chance of any mistakes with note taking. The manuel from the company was distributed to me about two-three weeks ago. All orbasone users now have a manuel. I had alot of imput into the manuel. I never tried to mislead you Duane. I didn't have the power setting etc in writing from the company. i was told them at the time of training from the doctor who came to my office from Europe. The doctor did six procedures with me before he left. So if you want to classify the orbasone if is both a high and low energy machine. It can deliver both high and low energy. I was in no position to give you joules and MPA information when this information wasn't in writing to me. Now that I have confirmation with testing it no big deal. A jet pilot never wants to give the wrong information or always should get confirmation.

ChrisO on 5/25/00 at 17:59 (020885)

Duane - With all due respect, I have to ask if there's something about Dr. Z that you might need to share with the rest of us.......the reason I ask is that it seems like you have a certain amount of animosity about him. Now, I'm the first to admit that this vehicle is not the best for 'guessing' attitudes or intentions so I may be all wet here. I've just gotten curious....

Duane E on 5/26/00 at 05:40 (020900)

I've reviewed your posts, and have an understanding of how you arrived at your question. In that light, its quite an appropriate question. You have been on this board a relatively short time; and as most people, (based on your posts), you are not familiar with the details of ESWT. Please review Dr. Zuckerman's and my posts, in chronological order, from late January to the present.

When Dr. Zuckerman first posted on this site, he claimed to perform Orthotripsy® ESWT. Since I had had Orthotripsy® performed, I noticed several major errors on his website. I posted questions about the errors. When he had difficulties answering those easy questions he became angry, and told me that I could be sued. (Please see late January and early February posts for details.) Since that time, he has totally changed his website. The questions in my posts were purposefully easy for anyone familiar with ESWT. Based on the totality of his posts, and his lack of ESWT knowledge at that time, I really doubted he was a legitimate podiatrist. All of the medical professionals I have seen, have been quite knowledgeable and enjoy answering questions.

The fact that Dr. Zuckerman is using the site to solicit business is not objectionable to me. What I object to, is his keeping the Orbasone's operational parameters and his treatment protocol secret. There are no studies or reports about the efficacy of the Orbasone for the treatment of plantar fasciitis. (Please see Dr. Rompe's recent and excellent post about the long term studies using the Sonocur to treat plantar fasciitis.) There are a lot of people reviewing this web site who are in pain. Many of those people do not have a lot of money or time to waste on a treatment that is not proven. All ESWT devices discussed on this board for the treatment of plantar fasciitis (except the Orbasone) have the above information available.

Like most people, I don't like being deceived. While my post on 05-25-00 was quite pointed, it was also completely fair.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/26/00 at 07:25 (020905)

What got me angry is the fact you and John Warlick from Healthronics jumped on me. and you starting talking about jail time for illegal importation of the orbaone. I never gone angry about any questions about ESWT. It is very interesting how you started using the trademark
for orthtripsy after Healthronics put me on notice that I was in violation of using the word orthotripsy . How did you know about trade
marking of the word orthotripy. The symbol for trademark was never used before until you started using it.

You had or have some relatioship with John Warlick from Healthronics.
and you actions seem to prove this. How would you feel if the first posting by you was is there jail time for illegal importation of orbasone.. Your comment came at the same time that john Warlick ,starting telling this board that this doctor is using a machine that isn't FDA cleared. etc ,etc. Now I am willing to shake hands and move on to help people if you are. Ok.

Duane E on 5/27/00 at 03:10 (020938)

I'm certainly willing to help people: that has always been the main topic of this discussion. This board was formed to help patients. Most patients are unfamiliar with ESWT technology. There are considerable differences in the various types of ESWT and its efficacy for various ailments. I don't understand why you will not post the Orbasone's operational capabilities and your treatment protocol. This information is available for all other ESWT devices -- except the Orbasone.

When you posted on this board that you were in violation of U.S. Trademark Law with your use of 'Orthotripsy', is when I learned about it. You told on yourself. Please review your posts for details.

Apparently John Warlick's post about no FDA studies discussing the efficacy of using the Orbasone to treat plantar fasciitis are true. I've asked you for any studies using the Orbasone, and you have produced nothing. As you are well aware, my sole relationship with ESWT is that I was an ESWT patient.

I see no reason to keep any ESWT information secret. What is wrong with patients knowing what they are getting for their money?

Re: Orbasone treatment with Dr. Zuckerman -1 week update

iris on 5/27/00 at 12:28 (020947)

dear pf family,
just as dr. zuckerman stated, i did not experience any more discomfort than prior to treatment, in fact, i believe there is a slight reduction, especially in the heel area. it may be that now that there is less pain in the heel area, i am more aware of the pain that had been present in the other areas. i promise to give up a weekly update since i know how important it is to keep you all informed. we all deserve to be painfree.
best wishes,
iris

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/27/00 at 13:14 (020951)

There is nothing wrong with patients being informed. As of this day i still don't know what the joules and mpa's are at the focal point for the ossatron. I asked you many times in the past . So do you or don't
you know what they are? You were the informed patient that when you went to Canada to get Orthotripsy ( how do you make the trademark symbol )
ESWT. I have reviewed ossatron broshures etc and they don't tell you exactly what the exact treatment joules, mpa at the F2 are. They do give ranges but still no exact information for plantar fasciitis. So do you know what they are. I sure don't .

Duane E on 5/28/00 at 03:08 (020971)

I'll be pleased to discuss the plantar fasciitis treatment ranges of the OssaTron and the Orbasone, and any other ESWT device. The Physical Parameters Table from IGESTO will be used for discussion: http://heelspurs.com/eswt/specs.html
How soon can you (or Norland Medical) post the data?

In Windows, to make the ® symbol:

1) Turn the 'Num Lock' on. (The Numbers Lock keyboard light will be on)

2) Press and hold the 'Alt' key

3) On the numbers keypad (far right side of the keyboard), enter the number 0174

4) Release the 'Alt' key, and the symbol will appear

redsparkle100 on 5/21/00 at 23:14 (020679)

Hi Iris--I live in the New York/Long Island area and so I would be very much interested in talking with you if possible to get some information on Dr. Zuckerman and the treatment--is this the same as the Ossatron in Canada? I had followed this board for a long time but have been away from the internet for a few months due to an exceptionally busy time in my life. Anyway, I always planned to hold out until this was approved for the United States and it looks like it has been. If you e-mail me, maybe we can find a few minutes to talk. I wish you the very best in your recovery and hope you have a complete cure!

Re: Iris, I'm very interested in your experience with the Orbasone

Helene M on 5/22/00 at 08:27 (020680)

Iris, thanks for posting about your positive experience. I do hope you've found the cure you've been looking for. I,too,live in the Long Island area & am very interested in learning more about your experience. Please e-mail me if you can. Thanks!

Laurie R on 5/22/00 at 15:07 (020690)

Hi to all,
I would just like to add that Dr.Zuckerman is a wonderful person,I have e-mailed him in the past about question I had forgot to ask my Podiatrist and he ALWAYS answered me their were many I have sent him too,I am not his patient and he took the time out for me.
You are WONDERFUL Dr.Z...........Bless you for being so kind Laurie R

john h on 5/23/00 at 09:08 (020720)

i remember when dr Z first started posting on the board. he took a lot of heat about his spelling, etc. he is now one of our better sources of information.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/23/00 at 19:49 (020744)

I just wanted to tell you in the last note I sent you there are still some spelling problems. I am getting better.

iris on 5/24/00 at 05:49 (020757)

dear dr. zuckerman,
i gladly take you with your spelling and typing problems over any other doctor i have met in my efforts to be healed of this condition. you provide so much of your time and knowledge to this board, you deserve and i personally present you with this award; YOU ARE A WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING AND A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE DOCTOR.
sincerely,
iris

Rose on 5/24/00 at 09:30 (020769)

I would like to find out who this Dr. Zuckerman is and where he can be reached. I live in Chicago and have the same exact symptoms as everyone else using this treatment. If no one in Chicago is doing this treatment, maybe I can get hold of Dr. Zuckerman and make an appointment to see him. thanks for your help.

john h on 5/24/00 at 16:08 (020790)

dr Z: spelling sucks for many of us. if many of the thousand of passengers knew what a horrible speller their pilot was they would probably have refused to fly with me. i can walk the walk and i can talk the talk but spelling is for the bees (great pun huh?)

Nancy S. on 5/24/00 at 22:11 (020815)

Hi Rose -- I believe Dr. Weil, who posts here, is in the Chicago area and does EWST. You might try doing a search to find his email or other address, or else direct a post to him on this message board. --Nancy S.

Duane E on 5/25/00 at 02:10 (020821)

Your comparison of a commercial pilot and a podiatrist is interesting. Both can be poor spellers. However, that is where the similarity in deficiencies ends. The communication between the pilot and ATC must be precise and unambiguous. The proper use of grammar greatly aids this effort. The pilot must know the full operational capabilities of his equipment (aircraft). The pilot must not only have an operating handbook, but it must be in the cockpit for quick reference. Having the handbook in the cockpit is so important, that a pilot who operated for months without it would be promptly dismissed when his actions were discovered. Regardless of how wonderful a person the pilot was, he would still be dismissed.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/25/00 at 10:36 (020841)

Hi. Duane,

I always have had the operational manuel from day one. In fact I video taped the complete instructions on the use, operation and maintance of the orbasone. In my office we fly the obasone like they fly jets. We have a checkout list before, during and after. The maintance of the machine is also on a daily check off list. I can't quote power joules/mm2 without actually seeing the testing which I have seen.

Duane E on 5/25/00 at 11:54 (020854)

So, your post on 2/09/2000 was not truthful?

Posted by Dr. zuckerman on 2/09/100
I was taught without a manuel . I am still waiting for the printing of the manuel. But I went into my file and found the information for the osstran. I forget I was given it a few years ago by John W. Will compare when the orbasone manuel comes in. ............................

john h on 5/25/00 at 12:13 (020857)

duane: what you say is true. i made it thru 10,000 hours of high performance jet fighters, transports, and helicopters with no injuries to anyone. my only problem was i got shot down on my second tour in vietnam in which spelling played no part. i even graduated from college (nebraska) on the deans list. my spelling is still lousy. what makes excellent pilots is staying ahead of the aircraft, knowing your own capabilities, proper planning, religiously following your checklist, possessing the phyical and mental skills to do the job, and coolness under pressure. there was a time when the majority of civil aviation accidents (not commercial) were caused by booze. that is hard to grasp but true. i have sat on many aircraft accident investigaion boards and have been the 1st on the site of at least a dozen aircraft accidents. i hoisted a dozen of more aircrew members out of the jungles of laos. if i am an expert at anything it is flying.

john h on 5/25/00 at 12:21 (020859)

rose: dr weil is indeed in chicago. i think he is in the northern suburbs. most of his post allow you to reach him through email. he has been using the orbasone since february. i have talked to him on the phone and he is a very helpful and pleasant person. i think his first name is Lowell or Dr. Lowell Weil, Jr.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/25/00 at 17:09 (020877)

I was taught without the manuel. I made my own manuel of operation
just like taking notes execept we did both notes and a video so that there was no chance of any mistakes with note taking. The manuel from the company was distributed to me about two-three weeks ago. All orbasone users now have a manuel. I had alot of imput into the manuel. I never tried to mislead you Duane. I didn't have the power setting etc in writing from the company. i was told them at the time of training from the doctor who came to my office from Europe. The doctor did six procedures with me before he left. So if you want to classify the orbasone if is both a high and low energy machine. It can deliver both high and low energy. I was in no position to give you joules and MPA information when this information wasn't in writing to me. Now that I have confirmation with testing it no big deal. A jet pilot never wants to give the wrong information or always should get confirmation.

ChrisO on 5/25/00 at 17:59 (020885)

Duane - With all due respect, I have to ask if there's something about Dr. Z that you might need to share with the rest of us.......the reason I ask is that it seems like you have a certain amount of animosity about him. Now, I'm the first to admit that this vehicle is not the best for 'guessing' attitudes or intentions so I may be all wet here. I've just gotten curious....

Duane E on 5/26/00 at 05:40 (020900)

I've reviewed your posts, and have an understanding of how you arrived at your question. In that light, its quite an appropriate question. You have been on this board a relatively short time; and as most people, (based on your posts), you are not familiar with the details of ESWT. Please review Dr. Zuckerman's and my posts, in chronological order, from late January to the present.

When Dr. Zuckerman first posted on this site, he claimed to perform Orthotripsy® ESWT. Since I had had Orthotripsy® performed, I noticed several major errors on his website. I posted questions about the errors. When he had difficulties answering those easy questions he became angry, and told me that I could be sued. (Please see late January and early February posts for details.) Since that time, he has totally changed his website. The questions in my posts were purposefully easy for anyone familiar with ESWT. Based on the totality of his posts, and his lack of ESWT knowledge at that time, I really doubted he was a legitimate podiatrist. All of the medical professionals I have seen, have been quite knowledgeable and enjoy answering questions.

The fact that Dr. Zuckerman is using the site to solicit business is not objectionable to me. What I object to, is his keeping the Orbasone's operational parameters and his treatment protocol secret. There are no studies or reports about the efficacy of the Orbasone for the treatment of plantar fasciitis. (Please see Dr. Rompe's recent and excellent post about the long term studies using the Sonocur to treat plantar fasciitis.) There are a lot of people reviewing this web site who are in pain. Many of those people do not have a lot of money or time to waste on a treatment that is not proven. All ESWT devices discussed on this board for the treatment of plantar fasciitis (except the Orbasone) have the above information available.

Like most people, I don't like being deceived. While my post on 05-25-00 was quite pointed, it was also completely fair.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/26/00 at 07:25 (020905)

What got me angry is the fact you and John Warlick from Healthronics jumped on me. and you starting talking about jail time for illegal importation of the orbaone. I never gone angry about any questions about ESWT. It is very interesting how you started using the trademark
for orthtripsy after Healthronics put me on notice that I was in violation of using the word orthotripsy . How did you know about trade
marking of the word orthotripy. The symbol for trademark was never used before until you started using it.

You had or have some relatioship with John Warlick from Healthronics.
and you actions seem to prove this. How would you feel if the first posting by you was is there jail time for illegal importation of orbasone.. Your comment came at the same time that john Warlick ,starting telling this board that this doctor is using a machine that isn't FDA cleared. etc ,etc. Now I am willing to shake hands and move on to help people if you are. Ok.

Duane E on 5/27/00 at 03:10 (020938)

I'm certainly willing to help people: that has always been the main topic of this discussion. This board was formed to help patients. Most patients are unfamiliar with ESWT technology. There are considerable differences in the various types of ESWT and its efficacy for various ailments. I don't understand why you will not post the Orbasone's operational capabilities and your treatment protocol. This information is available for all other ESWT devices -- except the Orbasone.

When you posted on this board that you were in violation of U.S. Trademark Law with your use of 'Orthotripsy', is when I learned about it. You told on yourself. Please review your posts for details.

Apparently John Warlick's post about no FDA studies discussing the efficacy of using the Orbasone to treat plantar fasciitis are true. I've asked you for any studies using the Orbasone, and you have produced nothing. As you are well aware, my sole relationship with ESWT is that I was an ESWT patient.

I see no reason to keep any ESWT information secret. What is wrong with patients knowing what they are getting for their money?

Re: Orbasone treatment with Dr. Zuckerman -1 week update

iris on 5/27/00 at 12:28 (020947)

dear pf family,
just as dr. zuckerman stated, i did not experience any more discomfort than prior to treatment, in fact, i believe there is a slight reduction, especially in the heel area. it may be that now that there is less pain in the heel area, i am more aware of the pain that had been present in the other areas. i promise to give up a weekly update since i know how important it is to keep you all informed. we all deserve to be painfree.
best wishes,
iris

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/27/00 at 13:14 (020951)

There is nothing wrong with patients being informed. As of this day i still don't know what the joules and mpa's are at the focal point for the ossatron. I asked you many times in the past . So do you or don't
you know what they are? You were the informed patient that when you went to Canada to get Orthotripsy ( how do you make the trademark symbol )
ESWT. I have reviewed ossatron broshures etc and they don't tell you exactly what the exact treatment joules, mpa at the F2 are. They do give ranges but still no exact information for plantar fasciitis. So do you know what they are. I sure don't .

Duane E on 5/28/00 at 03:08 (020971)

I'll be pleased to discuss the plantar fasciitis treatment ranges of the OssaTron and the Orbasone, and any other ESWT device. The Physical Parameters Table from IGESTO will be used for discussion: http://heelspurs.com/eswt/specs.html
How soon can you (or Norland Medical) post the data?

In Windows, to make the ® symbol:

1) Turn the 'Num Lock' on. (The Numbers Lock keyboard light will be on)

2) Press and hold the 'Alt' key

3) On the numbers keypad (far right side of the keyboard), enter the number 0174

4) Release the 'Alt' key, and the symbol will appear