Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

back of the heel bone spurs

Posted by linette k on 5/21/00 at 13:40 (020665)

anyone had success with surgery on this condition

Re: back of the heel bone spurs

Diane on 5/21/00 at 13:48 (020666)

Linette,

That is what I am trying to find out. Not too many success stories here! Although, I am remembering other surgeries I've had in the past, hysterectomy and bladder sling. When I looked on message boards then, everything was very negative about both surgeries. But I've had both done and got along just great! My sister-in-law, who is a nurse told me something that made sense. She said that most on the bulletin boards are looking for cures or unsatisfied with results they have had, hence putting messages out there. If you have had results be postive, why would you have a need to go to the boards? In other words, success stories may not be here, only unsuccessful ones. That kind of made sense to me, so after my other two surgeries, I made sure I went back to those boards and gave my success story. Maybe someone out there who was looking to hear positives could read mine and feel better. I know everyone is different and heals different. I am trusting my doc and going ahead with the surgery. I just can't 'stand' the pain anymore.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/21/00 at 15:02 (020668)

I have performed surgery for spurring on the back of the heel. If does work especially if you have alot of pain and it eliminated your ability to walk. The recovery can take anywhere from weeks to a year depending on how involved the surgery is going to be.

Diane on 5/21/00 at 13:48 (020666)

Linette,

That is what I am trying to find out. Not too many success stories here! Although, I am remembering other surgeries I've had in the past, hysterectomy and bladder sling. When I looked on message boards then, everything was very negative about both surgeries. But I've had both done and got along just great! My sister-in-law, who is a nurse told me something that made sense. She said that most on the bulletin boards are looking for cures or unsatisfied with results they have had, hence putting messages out there. If you have had results be postive, why would you have a need to go to the boards? In other words, success stories may not be here, only unsuccessful ones. That kind of made sense to me, so after my other two surgeries, I made sure I went back to those boards and gave my success story. Maybe someone out there who was looking to hear positives could read mine and feel better. I know everyone is different and heals different. I am trusting my doc and going ahead with the surgery. I just can't 'stand' the pain anymore.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/21/00 at 15:02 (020668)

I have performed surgery for spurring on the back of the heel. If does work especially if you have alot of pain and it eliminated your ability to walk. The recovery can take anywhere from weeks to a year depending on how involved the surgery is going to be.