Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new shoes!

Posted by truffle on 5/21/00 at 14:28 (020667)

Hi all, I yesterday bought a new pair of shoes in a discount store - the prics made me think they were worth a go. Well, after wearing them all day yesterday and all day today, I think they were the best 's I've spent in a long time. The brand name is Romika, they're apparently made in Germany. My style are a mule type, with enclosed toes and the fabric comes right the way up the foot to the ankle area, so the toes don't have to grip the shoe on. The (beautifully) shaped insole is extremely comfortable, like a very good orthotic, and is made of nubuck, as is the whole top part (so shouldn't smell too much!). After a bit of searching, I found they have a website and are included in quite a few other on-line shoe sites. They market as being for people who spend a lot of time on their feet, and mentioned a link with the Australian Podiatry Service. I'm also pleased that they are pretty trendy - a hope I'd all but given up!!
Has anyone else tried these at all? I'd be interested in knowing what anyone thought of them if they have. Thanks,T.

Re: new shoes!

pookie on 5/27/00 at 15:44 (020957)

do you have the web address?

Truffle on 5/28/00 at 05:21 (020973)

Sorry, I didn't note it done, however, if you type 'Romika' into your home page search facility ( as I did), you should come up with plenty of links, including other sites where they sell large ranges of 'good' shoes as well as these. Good luck!

pookie on 5/27/00 at 15:44 (020957)

do you have the web address?

Truffle on 5/28/00 at 05:21 (020973)

Sorry, I didn't note it done, however, if you type 'Romika' into your home page search facility ( as I did), you should come up with plenty of links, including other sites where they sell large ranges of 'good' shoes as well as these. Good luck!