Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sharp pain in back of heel

Posted by Damon on 5/22/00 at 21:04 (020704)

I am experiencing very sharp pain in the back of my right heel whenever pressure is applied. The pain started as a dull ache but quickly intensified with my level of activity. The pain is located on the right side of the back part of my heel and seems to be confined to an area about 1 inch in diameter. During a football game this past weekend I hit it 'just right' and I thought I was going to vomit from the pain. There is no pain when I am not on my feet but it does seem to be a little more sensitive in the mornings. Can anyone give me some insight on this type of pain? It seems like my bone is bruised or something is stabbing me from the inside.

Re: Sharp pain in back of heel

Laurie H. on 5/22/00 at 22:27 (020710)

I'm sorry to hear about your pain. But you really ought to ask your doctor about a stress fracture. That could be what is causing your pain. I'm certainly not a doctor but I have the same pain in both feet and my orthopaedic doctor prescribed a bone scan to determine if I have stress fractures in both feet. I had the test today and should hear the results in a day or two. Email me and I'll let you know the results. Good luck!

Re: Sharp pain in back of heel

Laurie H. on 5/22/00 at 22:27 (020710)

I'm sorry to hear about your pain. But you really ought to ask your doctor about a stress fracture. That could be what is causing your pain. I'm certainly not a doctor but I have the same pain in both feet and my orthopaedic doctor prescribed a bone scan to determine if I have stress fractures in both feet. I had the test today and should hear the results in a day or two. Email me and I'll let you know the results. Good luck!