Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

One year surgery anniversary

Posted by Lori S on 5/22/00 at 21:06 (020706)

Hi all!
It's been a year ago, today, since I had my 2/3 release and bone spur removal. All in all, I'm happy I had the surgery, though, as I've said before, I wish I had tried acupuncture first. That has worked well for my non-surgeried foot. I figure I'm about 80-90% better than before. Lately, my feet have both been a bit sorer than usual but I think it's because it's the end of the school year. (I'm a teacher). Still, 80-90% is better than the terrible pain I had for over 10 years. Surgery is a last resort but I'm glad I did it. Lori in AZ (email removed)

Re: One year surgery anniversary

Rene M. on 5/22/00 at 22:21 (020709)

Lori, thanks for posting a positive message on your recovery. It gives those of us who are post op some hope for continued recovery. I am only 5 months post op and altho I can see 'some' improvement I think the biggest hurdle to overcome is the one I set myself up for in thinking it would be a quick fix. If the old adage is true 'good things come to those who wait' then I expect that at the one year mark I should be echoing your sentiments. Good luck on your continued healthy heels! Rene

CindyW on 5/22/00 at 23:51 (020712)

Hi Lori,

Thanks for giving some of us some hope.
I would love to hear more about your accupunture and who did and where they are located. I too live in AZ and I would like to try it and see if it works for me. I live in Phoenix is that anywhere near you? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cindy in AZ

Re: Re Cindy - In Phoenix Too

Nancy M on 5/23/00 at 07:20 (020716)

Cindy, I'm in Phoenix too. I've have EPF surgery on both feet and 3 neuroma's removed. I'm 100% pain free from the surgeries. I now have a stress fracture in my left foot - have been on crutches for almost 4 weeks now non weight bearning - 2 weeks in a hard cast and going on two weeks with a soft cast and my boot, Hope to be able to put a little weight on my foot when I go back to the doctor this Thursday. Email mail me with any questions or if you just want to chat. (email removed)

Nancy M in AZ

YokoS on 5/23/00 at 14:02 (020727)

Dear Lori, I just wanna say Thank you and wishing you a best of luck.
I forgot how long ago I saw your post about acupuncture treatment which I had failed once. You kept saying that operation is the last resort. I was encouraged by series of your posts and backed to acupuncture treatment again when many of people on board discussed about ossatron. I had once a week (very painful in my case)
treatment for 18times. My heel pain had never gone away while I was having treatments even though pain level had reduced a little by little.Big change came in the first week in May, one month after I stopped treatment. I become (almost) pain free now.
To tell you the truth, first steps from bed, long drive, and long sitting were still tough, but that's about it.
Since I do not want to repeat mistake, I do not start long run yet. At least I do not need a cart at a golf course for this season.
HUGE, HUGE improvement. Thank you again for your post.

beth n on 5/23/00 at 16:11 (020731)

Hi! Just wanted to say that I'm in Phoenix too and it will be 2 weeks on wednesday since my 'minimally invasive surgery' to release my plantar fascia. I'm doing well although it's still early...

john h on 5/25/00 at 11:54 (020855)

yoko: good to hear from you and that you are much improved. do not enter those marathons yet.

john h

Rene M. on 5/22/00 at 22:21 (020709)

Lori, thanks for posting a positive message on your recovery. It gives those of us who are post op some hope for continued recovery. I am only 5 months post op and altho I can see 'some' improvement I think the biggest hurdle to overcome is the one I set myself up for in thinking it would be a quick fix. If the old adage is true 'good things come to those who wait' then I expect that at the one year mark I should be echoing your sentiments. Good luck on your continued healthy heels! Rene

CindyW on 5/22/00 at 23:51 (020712)

Hi Lori,

Thanks for giving some of us some hope.
I would love to hear more about your accupunture and who did and where they are located. I too live in AZ and I would like to try it and see if it works for me. I live in Phoenix is that anywhere near you? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cindy in AZ

Nancy M on 5/23/00 at 07:20 (020716)

Cindy, I'm in Phoenix too. I've have EPF surgery on both feet and 3 neuroma's removed. I'm 100% pain free from the surgeries. I now have a stress fracture in my left foot - have been on crutches for almost 4 weeks now non weight bearning - 2 weeks in a hard cast and going on two weeks with a soft cast and my boot, Hope to be able to put a little weight on my foot when I go back to the doctor this Thursday. Email mail me with any questions or if you just want to chat. (email removed)

Nancy M in AZ

YokoS on 5/23/00 at 14:02 (020727)

Dear Lori, I just wanna say Thank you and wishing you a best of luck.
I forgot how long ago I saw your post about acupuncture treatment which I had failed once. You kept saying that operation is the last resort. I was encouraged by series of your posts and backed to acupuncture treatment again when many of people on board discussed about ossatron. I had once a week (very painful in my case)
treatment for 18times. My heel pain had never gone away while I was having treatments even though pain level had reduced a little by little.Big change came in the first week in May, one month after I stopped treatment. I become (almost) pain free now.
To tell you the truth, first steps from bed, long drive, and long sitting were still tough, but that's about it.
Since I do not want to repeat mistake, I do not start long run yet. At least I do not need a cart at a golf course for this season.
HUGE, HUGE improvement. Thank you again for your post.

beth n on 5/23/00 at 16:11 (020731)

Hi! Just wanted to say that I'm in Phoenix too and it will be 2 weeks on wednesday since my 'minimally invasive surgery' to release my plantar fascia. I'm doing well although it's still early...

john h on 5/25/00 at 11:54 (020855)

yoko: good to hear from you and that you are much improved. do not enter those marathons yet.

john h