Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Night Splint user--so far, so good

Posted by Maura L on 5/24/00 at 01:32 (020755)

Finally ordered some night splints, after contemplating them for lo these many months...I've had this bout of PF for about 18 months now, and have had some relief from (1) Birks; (2) never going barefoot (although now I do in the shower, but I think I'm going to find some new shower shoes); (3) stretching. I tried icing, and it did help, but the truth is that I've simply been too lazy and inconsistent with that element.

Anyway, have been using the night splints now for several days and have noticed a VAST improvement in the mornings. I can take steps immediately upon waking up, with NO PAIN! And I don't even need to spend eons stretching first (this is very important for me, as typically those stretching minutes are accompanied by my toddler wailing to be freed from his crib...and now when there's a child emergency in the middle of the night, I don't have to risk tearing the fascia if I need to jump out of bed instantly!). The night splints are not as onerous to wear as I had feared; I seem to be getting used to them. They look perfectly ridiculous, of course, and my husband kids me about my 'Marquis de Sade Footwear', but if it works, I'll try anything!

Re: New Night Splint user--so far, so good

ChrisO on 5/24/00 at 11:14 (020774)

Hi Maura - which nite splint did you get?

Bob G. on 5/24/00 at 11:29 (020775)

Yes, I also wore my nightsplint last night and had zero foot pain this morning. Unfortunately, my legs ache terribly from the strenuous jogging done on the beach yesterday. I wore my new balance running shoes, thorlo cusion socks, knee brace, ibuprofen...

Go, nightsplints!!!

ChrisO on 5/24/00 at 11:14 (020774)

Hi Maura - which nite splint did you get?

Bob G. on 5/24/00 at 11:29 (020775)

Yes, I also wore my nightsplint last night and had zero foot pain this morning. Unfortunately, my legs ache terribly from the strenuous jogging done on the beach yesterday. I wore my new balance running shoes, thorlo cusion socks, knee brace, ibuprofen...

Go, nightsplints!!!