Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

just got 1st orbasone treatment from Dr Brooks office in LA- great experience!!!

Posted by rekha on 5/24/00 at 15:01 (020782)

I went yesterday to get left heel done. I first saw Dr Audell, who looked through my X'ray and records, agreed that I have exhaused all the conservative measures, and that I qualify for treatment. He told me they have not seen that many patients in their office since the machine is new. However, he stated that Dr Zuckerman has had a lot of success with the device on PF.

They can't do both feet at once. You come and get one foot done intially, and after 1 week there is a follow up for the treatment in the same heel. Then you can schedule for other foot. (total of 2 visits per foot on two consecutive tuesdays)

I found the treatment to be a little uncomfortable and at times a little painful, but nothing like what i expected. Treatment time is for an hour. I did notice when I got up that my left foot didn't hurt as much (usually 1st step in morning is extrememly painful)! I do feel a little sore in one area in arch, that is because they also sent shockwaves in that area also. I am confident that this is going to help/alleviate my PF.....I am in good spirits after a long time...finally I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

For aftercare, the tech recommends icing, stretching, doing towel crunches, wearing good cushioned tennis shoes. Furthermore, He will call me every couple of days to monitor my progess!!! What a great office! I have nothing but nice things to say about the treatment I got from their office...Very professional, very understanding and sympathetic. The tech explained the procedure b4 touching my foot. He then put some soothing music to calm my nervousness. . Procedure took full hour and the technician was very supportive and had a lot of knowledge on heelspur/pf. He said he also used it for his tennis elbow and said that it is very effective with PF.

I have decided to stay in LA this week with my cousin, since I need to go in for follow up next tues. I will be checking my e-mails daily, and posting progess
I will post progress in few days...:-) :-) :-)

rekha

posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Orbasone

Re: just got 1st orbasone treatment from Dr Brooks office in LA- great experience!!!

john h on 5/24/00 at 15:53 (020788)

rekha: glad to hear things went so well for you and you are upbeat. dr zuckerman: rekha is scheduled for a 2nd procedure on the same foot AUTOMATICALLY. i think you do a 2nd procedure when needed. am i correct in this assumption.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: just got 1st orbasone treatment from Dr Brooks office in LA- great experience!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/24/00 at 16:00 (020789)

I am glad that things are working out. John: I think that rekha is talking about one treatment for each foot and that the foot that had the orbasone treatment is checked in one week. So its one foot then check the foot in one week and then schedule the other foot.

rekha.s on 5/24/00 at 18:13 (020798)

No, Dr Zuckerman, I believe that 2nd visit is for additional treatment. I asked the technician this yesterday and he re-iterated that I will have to go through 1 hour of additional treatment for left foot. They will use more shockwaves and then I can go home. I can elect to do my right foot at a later date if I choose (and since I live in northern cal I will probably wait a few weeks).

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/24/00 at 19:52 (020806)

Did you have any local anesthesia used before the treatment??? I guess you are either having a low energy treatment or high energy with less pulses per treatment. Either way the result is what counts. Please ask what the kv is being used and how many pulses if you can remember.

Re: to : Dr Zuckerman:

rekha.s on 5/25/00 at 15:36 (020868)

I will ask the tech next tues about the intensity of treatment. I also wanted to ask u a question: First day I noticed immediate improvement and even now my left foot feels better, however I have some soreness, and if I correctly recall, I think this is normal. I am also icing, doing stretches. I am not walking a lot, but am I allowed to walk as much as I want, or should I take it easy?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/25/00 at 16:51 (020874)

Take it easy. Stretching very important. Don't go without any shoes. No bare feet. The soreness is normal.

john h on 5/24/00 at 15:53 (020788)

rekha: glad to hear things went so well for you and you are upbeat. dr zuckerman: rekha is scheduled for a 2nd procedure on the same foot AUTOMATICALLY. i think you do a 2nd procedure when needed. am i correct in this assumption.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/24/00 at 16:00 (020789)

I am glad that things are working out. John: I think that rekha is talking about one treatment for each foot and that the foot that had the orbasone treatment is checked in one week. So its one foot then check the foot in one week and then schedule the other foot.

rekha.s on 5/24/00 at 18:13 (020798)

No, Dr Zuckerman, I believe that 2nd visit is for additional treatment. I asked the technician this yesterday and he re-iterated that I will have to go through 1 hour of additional treatment for left foot. They will use more shockwaves and then I can go home. I can elect to do my right foot at a later date if I choose (and since I live in northern cal I will probably wait a few weeks).

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/24/00 at 19:52 (020806)

Did you have any local anesthesia used before the treatment??? I guess you are either having a low energy treatment or high energy with less pulses per treatment. Either way the result is what counts. Please ask what the kv is being used and how many pulses if you can remember.

rekha.s on 5/25/00 at 15:36 (020868)

I will ask the tech next tues about the intensity of treatment. I also wanted to ask u a question: First day I noticed immediate improvement and even now my left foot feels better, however I have some soreness, and if I correctly recall, I think this is normal. I am also icing, doing stretches. I am not walking a lot, but am I allowed to walk as much as I want, or should I take it easy?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/25/00 at 16:51 (020874)

Take it easy. Stretching very important. Don't go without any shoes. No bare feet. The soreness is normal.