Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I think I have PF

Posted by Mother Med on 5/24/00 at 17:53 (020797)

Believe it or not, my shoe saleswoman just ( I think) accurately diagnosed my foot problem.....PF sounds like the thing, except all the pain in under the 2nd toe and the ball of my foot, not the heel. It happened when I was running to catch a plane.....20# overweight, loaded down with bags, horrible, cheap shoes with no support and hard cememnt floors.....it was so swollen initially I had to use crutches. I just bought some Birks at the suggestion of my shoe saleswoman, but just want verification that this could be my diagnosis, even tho there's no pain in my heel? thanks for the input.

Re: Recommend seeing a professional

Robin B. on 5/24/00 at 18:45 (020801)

As helpful and compassionate as people on this board are -- no one here is qualified to make or verify a diagnosis, particularly one that a shoe salesperson made, and particularly over a message board. If you have foot pain, for your own medical well-being, you need a medical diagnosis and you need to have it done in person by a professional. Podiatrists are far from my favorite people -- in fact, they have not done much to help me -- but they ARE a good place to start for a diagnosis of any medical condition. Or you might see an orthopod specializing in lower extremities.

There are so many things that can go wrong with feet and can injure them that you do yourself a serious disservice to presume that your symptoms sounds like PF. In fact -- they really don't too much, not like classic symptoms anyway. The best thing is to visit a recommended medical professional, detail for him or her all the conditions of your injury and pain, and try to arrive at the correct diagnosis. You gotta' start there to even approach the path for correct treatment. Otherwise, you can actually hurt yourself by trying to help.

Honestly, for your sake -- I hope it is something other than PF. PF is just one of the nastier conditions I have ever experienced in life.

Re: I think I have PF

Laurie R on 5/24/00 at 19:52 (020807)

Hi ,
Robin said it best,I agree with her 100% you need to go to a doctor first and get diagnosed first than you can start with a treatment best for you,maybe you don't even have PF ,so many other things could be wrong with your foot.Like Robin said lets hope you don't have PF.My best to you ......go see a doctor.....Laurie R

Re: Recommend seeing a professional

Robin B. on 5/24/00 at 18:45 (020801)

As helpful and compassionate as people on this board are -- no one here is qualified to make or verify a diagnosis, particularly one that a shoe salesperson made, and particularly over a message board. If you have foot pain, for your own medical well-being, you need a medical diagnosis and you need to have it done in person by a professional. Podiatrists are far from my favorite people -- in fact, they have not done much to help me -- but they ARE a good place to start for a diagnosis of any medical condition. Or you might see an orthopod specializing in lower extremities.

There are so many things that can go wrong with feet and can injure them that you do yourself a serious disservice to presume that your symptoms sounds like PF. In fact -- they really don't too much, not like classic symptoms anyway. The best thing is to visit a recommended medical professional, detail for him or her all the conditions of your injury and pain, and try to arrive at the correct diagnosis. You gotta' start there to even approach the path for correct treatment. Otherwise, you can actually hurt yourself by trying to help.

Honestly, for your sake -- I hope it is something other than PF. PF is just one of the nastier conditions I have ever experienced in life.

Re: I think I have PF

Laurie R on 5/24/00 at 19:52 (020807)

Hi ,
Robin said it best,I agree with her 100% you need to go to a doctor first and get diagnosed first than you can start with a treatment best for you,maybe you don't even have PF ,so many other things could be wrong with your foot.Like Robin said lets hope you don't have PF.My best to you ......go see a doctor.....Laurie R