Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

stretching

Posted by ChrisO on 5/24/00 at 21:03 (020809)

Hi all - when we or our docs talk about stretching, what specific stretching are we talking about - the calf or the plantar? Or do they go 'hand in hand'? (ha!) Some say don't, some say do, some say a little. Can we stretching the calf w/o worrying about exacerbating the plantar more? Or does our stretching topic only pertain to the plantar?

Re: stretching

Nancy S. on 5/24/00 at 21:46 (020812)

Hi there, Chris, I just finished asking Robin about her no-stretching. The calf and achilles and plantar all look connected to me, but I can't figure out what the heck to do or not to do. I hope 20 people respond to you and they all have the same answer. I also hope that my and everyone else's PF bites the dust tonight, and also that the earth becomes flat instead of round so it's easier to walk on in case the preceding wish doesn't come true. --Nancy

Bob G. on 5/24/00 at 23:03 (020818)

It's more important to not injure; so when in doubt, don't stretch.

For healthy feet, stretching can help prevent injury - but when in pain, play it safe and don't (over) stretch.

I've found it more fun to stretch :P the truth.

Re: stretching/LOL

ChrisO on 5/25/00 at 10:49 (020843)

Oh Geez Nancy - you've got me LOL-ing all over the place this AM!

Nancy S. on 5/24/00 at 21:46 (020812)

Hi there, Chris, I just finished asking Robin about her no-stretching. The calf and achilles and plantar all look connected to me, but I can't figure out what the heck to do or not to do. I hope 20 people respond to you and they all have the same answer. I also hope that my and everyone else's PF bites the dust tonight, and also that the earth becomes flat instead of round so it's easier to walk on in case the preceding wish doesn't come true. --Nancy

Bob G. on 5/24/00 at 23:03 (020818)

It's more important to not injure; so when in doubt, don't stretch.

For healthy feet, stretching can help prevent injury - but when in pain, play it safe and don't (over) stretch.

I've found it more fun to stretch :P the truth.

Re: stretching/LOL

ChrisO on 5/25/00 at 10:49 (020843)

Oh Geez Nancy - you've got me LOL-ing all over the place this AM!