Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ankle brace

Posted by Davidb on 5/25/00 at 08:57 (020834)

I've been thinking about trying an ankle brace or support socks to try to provide more support to my arch. I've got orthotics, but I'm on my feet a lot and wanted even more support. Any recommendations about which one would work best and brand names. I've looked at Bauer and Black's ankle brace and the part which would cover the arch didn't look long enough. Any ideas?

Re: ankle brace

Nancy S. on 5/25/00 at 09:18 (020836)

Hi David, the Futuro ankle support works well, I find. Chain drugstores here in the east have them. A medical supply store is another place to look -- I've noticed they have different brands but haven't tried them. The Futuro gives a nice support to the arch, not to mention my wobbly ankle. --Nancy

Angie on 5/26/00 at 16:35 (020924)

I used a ace ankle support and it actually caused me extreme pain in the arch two days after wearing it. I know it has helped some people but not me. Good luck.

Nancy S. on 5/25/00 at 09:18 (020836)

Hi David, the Futuro ankle support works well, I find. Chain drugstores here in the east have them. A medical supply store is another place to look -- I've noticed they have different brands but haven't tried them. The Futuro gives a nice support to the arch, not to mention my wobbly ankle. --Nancy

Angie on 5/26/00 at 16:35 (020924)

I used a ace ankle support and it actually caused me extreme pain in the arch two days after wearing it. I know it has helped some people but not me. Good luck.