Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Personal Trainers from Mike W.

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 5/26/00 at 08:06 (020907)

I just had another patient who I placed on personal trainers a few months ago after orbasone treatment. He is 100 % pain free since including th peroneal tendon excericse. I would like to again thank Mike W. for adding for this great addition to my practice and for my
patients. Kathy will be calling you today, to order another one dozen
PT
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: Personal Trainers from Mike W.

Pauline on 5/26/00 at 09:30 (020911)

Dr. Zuckerman,
Are the personal trainers you are talking about the ones with long
handles that Scott pictures on his product page. Can they be ordered
from you? Do you suggest one or two? Can they be safely used
before any ESWT treatment?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/26/00 at 11:36 (020917)

These are the ones that Scott's shows. Yes before, during and after treatment with ESWT

Beverly on 5/26/00 at 11:42 (020919)

Dr Z:
Do you think the Personal Trainer is a good choice for someone still in pain? I've had this about two months, using conservative treatment: ice, massage, Vioxx, custom (soft) orthodics, and lots of rest. My pain used to be intense. I was limping and in terrible constant pain. I am still having trouble with things like the grocery store, but I've learned alot about not pushing myself too far, and I pace my days better. I would say I feel about 20 or 25% better than in the beginning. I work at home... on my computer so I am fortunate in that my work does not put me on my feet. My doctor says my case was 'acute' and now it is 'subacute.' My pod does not like stretching until pain is gone, but I am going to get a second opinion at the end of June. Is the Personal Trainer a safer way to stretch than doing it without equipment? Also, do you like the Foot Flex?

Thanks,
Beverly
PS: You must be a near saint for all the time you spend dispensing free advice on the net. Do you have PF too?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/26/00 at 12:30 (020920)

Right now I am in my office doing ESWT. The laptop computer is right next to me. I cannot stand the sound of the procedure and the patient is on their stomach so it's hard to talk to them. I think the patient is sleeping right now.

The personal trainer can be used even in pain. Just reduce time if it increases the pain. Use your judgement. You won't damage the foot. I haven't used the foot flex yet. I have had pf. in the past for over six months but that's another story

Pauline on 5/26/00 at 09:30 (020911)

Dr. Zuckerman,
Are the personal trainers you are talking about the ones with long
handles that Scott pictures on his product page. Can they be ordered
from you? Do you suggest one or two? Can they be safely used
before any ESWT treatment?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/26/00 at 11:36 (020917)

These are the ones that Scott's shows. Yes before, during and after treatment with ESWT

Beverly on 5/26/00 at 11:42 (020919)

Dr Z:
Do you think the Personal Trainer is a good choice for someone still in pain? I've had this about two months, using conservative treatment: ice, massage, Vioxx, custom (soft) orthodics, and lots of rest. My pain used to be intense. I was limping and in terrible constant pain. I am still having trouble with things like the grocery store, but I've learned alot about not pushing myself too far, and I pace my days better. I would say I feel about 20 or 25% better than in the beginning. I work at home... on my computer so I am fortunate in that my work does not put me on my feet. My doctor says my case was 'acute' and now it is 'subacute.' My pod does not like stretching until pain is gone, but I am going to get a second opinion at the end of June. Is the Personal Trainer a safer way to stretch than doing it without equipment? Also, do you like the Foot Flex?

Thanks,
Beverly
PS: You must be a near saint for all the time you spend dispensing free advice on the net. Do you have PF too?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/26/00 at 12:30 (020920)

Right now I am in my office doing ESWT. The laptop computer is right next to me. I cannot stand the sound of the procedure and the patient is on their stomach so it's hard to talk to them. I think the patient is sleeping right now.

The personal trainer can be used even in pain. Just reduce time if it increases the pain. Use your judgement. You won't damage the foot. I haven't used the foot flex yet. I have had pf. in the past for over six months but that's another story