Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Two days post-op:EPF

Posted by Diane on 5/26/00 at 22:40 (020932)

Hello all, it is two days post op for me with EPF on both feet. Surgery went very well, right foot was much worse than the left. Been keeping off of feet, elevating and alot of icing. Doing surprisingly well. After tomorrows elevating and icing I will begin to walk more. Right now it is just to get a snack or drink and trips to the bathroom. But I can walk fairly well in these lovely post-op shoes. I got back next Friday to have dressing removed and a lighter dressing applied and then I will be fitted for a more athletic type of shoe. All in all, I am pleased. I know it is early but I can't tell you how long it has been since I could move my toes up or twist my foot side to side without pain!! And yes, all the numbing medicine is gone! I have been prescribed Vicatin, but only have taken 1, only as preventative med. I will keep you informed of my progress. Here's to walking with no pain!!

Di

Re: Two days post-op:EPF

ChrisO on 5/26/00 at 23:38 (020934)

Hi Diane - whether or not it's too soon to tell is too soon to say! The great thing right now is that you took charge and had that surgury, gol' durn it! I'm impressed! Where did you go for the surgury?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/27/00 at 06:57 (020941)

Your progress is very good. Just don't over did it for the next six weesk regardless of how good you feel. I just read a study on EPF this week that patients that had a cast placed on their foot for two weeks healed alot faster then patients that didn't (pain went away faster). I mean alot faster, not six months. So take it very easy for the next few weeks.

Diane on 5/27/00 at 13:19 (020952)

Thanks doc, I will do just that! I go back to work on Wednesday but I am a secretary and sit most of the day. I have also had the company nurse get me something for under my desk to elevate my feet.

Di

Diane on 5/27/00 at 13:22 (020953)

Chris,

Thanks! I feel pretty good today, alittle sore but that is to be expected. Did take another Vicatin just now and going to lay down for a nap, with feet up and icing. I had my surgery done here in Bloomington Illinois at the McLean County Orthopedics offices. Very good doctors here, considered the best in the area! Meds starting to kick in, better get to lay down now! See you!

Di

caryne on 5/27/00 at 15:41 (020956)

I had my surgery on March 30th and had a cast for two weeks. I'm gradually getting back to normal. Still sore but glad I went through with the surgery also. I hope by the end of summer and before school starts again I will feel back to normal

Caryne on 5/28/00 at 19:51 (021004)

Glad to hear you are improving! I don't have a hard cast, it is more like a soft one. Today I actually walked heel to toe, in my lovely shoes! I have been walking on the ball of my foot for years! I do notice my back hurting alittle because I am walking different. I get little like pin pricks where my stitches are but other than that it seems to be going well. I can tell when I've been up to long though, my feet get achey (sp)! Then it is time for more ice and elevation! My doc called me today to see how I was getting along, thought that was REAL nice! For now at least, I don't regret a thing!

ChrisO on 5/26/00 at 23:38 (020934)

Hi Diane - whether or not it's too soon to tell is too soon to say! The great thing right now is that you took charge and had that surgury, gol' durn it! I'm impressed! Where did you go for the surgury?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/27/00 at 06:57 (020941)

Your progress is very good. Just don't over did it for the next six weesk regardless of how good you feel. I just read a study on EPF this week that patients that had a cast placed on their foot for two weeks healed alot faster then patients that didn't (pain went away faster). I mean alot faster, not six months. So take it very easy for the next few weeks.

Diane on 5/27/00 at 13:19 (020952)

Thanks doc, I will do just that! I go back to work on Wednesday but I am a secretary and sit most of the day. I have also had the company nurse get me something for under my desk to elevate my feet.

Di

Diane on 5/27/00 at 13:22 (020953)

Chris,

Thanks! I feel pretty good today, alittle sore but that is to be expected. Did take another Vicatin just now and going to lay down for a nap, with feet up and icing. I had my surgery done here in Bloomington Illinois at the McLean County Orthopedics offices. Very good doctors here, considered the best in the area! Meds starting to kick in, better get to lay down now! See you!

Di

caryne on 5/27/00 at 15:41 (020956)

I had my surgery on March 30th and had a cast for two weeks. I'm gradually getting back to normal. Still sore but glad I went through with the surgery also. I hope by the end of summer and before school starts again I will feel back to normal

Caryne on 5/28/00 at 19:51 (021004)

Glad to hear you are improving! I don't have a hard cast, it is more like a soft one. Today I actually walked heel to toe, in my lovely shoes! I have been walking on the ball of my foot for years! I do notice my back hurting alittle because I am walking different. I get little like pin pricks where my stitches are but other than that it seems to be going well. I can tell when I've been up to long though, my feet get achey (sp)! Then it is time for more ice and elevation! My doc called me today to see how I was getting along, thought that was REAL nice! For now at least, I don't regret a thing!