Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suggestions anywone? David?

Posted by Astrid Bierworth on 5/27/00 at 18:14 (020959)

I am a bit concerned that nothing has changed for me in 2 1/2 weeks since my 3rd Sonorex treatment. Same routine every day. No pain when I get up, but as the day progresses, it starts to hurt. Not really bad, but if I take my shoes off later in the day, I cannot walk properly on that foot (no heel strikes). By the end of the day, me heel is quite sore. The wierd part is there is no palpable pain when I first get up.

I am wondering if I should even wait the 6 weeks before going for another treatment. Especially since there is no change. Or is this apt to happen suddenly? I know the Sonorex did make a difference. I just want it to make MORE of a difference. Like cure this thing so I can run again!

Astrid.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex

Re: Suggestions anywone? David?

David L on 5/29/00 at 12:23 (021029)

Please try to have patience! A lot is happening inside your foot and the first few weeks after treatment there are always ups and downs. As you spend the day on your feet, your pain is gradually going to come back over the course of the day. ESWT is NOT a 'miracle cure'...it is stimulating the body's healing mechanisms. Normal protocol is to wait 4-6 weeks after the 3rd treatment before you go in for another, so if you are anxious, I would suggest having another treatment in about 2 weeks time.
Regards,
David

Astrid Bierworth on 5/30/00 at 05:18 (021070)

Thanks for the reply David. You are right, I should be more patient. My problem is that I am a very frustrated runner who has not been able to run for several months. The pain did come back after a day on my feet, but at the end of the day it was not any worse (to touch) than any other day. That must be a good sign!

Astrid,

David L on 5/29/00 at 12:23 (021029)

Please try to have patience! A lot is happening inside your foot and the first few weeks after treatment there are always ups and downs. As you spend the day on your feet, your pain is gradually going to come back over the course of the day. ESWT is NOT a 'miracle cure'...it is stimulating the body's healing mechanisms. Normal protocol is to wait 4-6 weeks after the 3rd treatment before you go in for another, so if you are anxious, I would suggest having another treatment in about 2 weeks time.
Regards,
David

Astrid Bierworth on 5/30/00 at 05:18 (021070)

Thanks for the reply David. You are right, I should be more patient. My problem is that I am a very frustrated runner who has not been able to run for several months. The pain did come back after a day on my feet, but at the end of the day it was not any worse (to touch) than any other day. That must be a good sign!

Astrid,