Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain is back

Posted by Trish on 5/27/00 at 19:51 (020964)

I've had lots of pain again the last few days. For about 3 weeks, pain was about 65% better, due to the Sonorex, I thought. I have 2 more treatments booked starting end of next week.....now I'm not so sure. I hope it's not a waste of money. Advice, anyone?
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: Pain is back

Astrid Bierworth on 5/28/00 at 07:54 (020975)

Hi Trish. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. Are you using orthotics? Accoding to my podiatrist, pf is a result of poor foot function. Without the use of proper orthotics, the problem will continue. From my understanding, orthotics address the cause, and Sonorex works at getting rid of the chronic inflammation which is a result. Icing and stretching appear to be important factors as well.

Astrid.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/00 at 10:23 (020978)

I would also consider the daily use of the personal trainers from Mike W. This has helped alot of my patietns after ESWT. If you still have an equinus of the Achilles Tendon or some other posterior let tightness the pf will return off and on.

Trish on 5/29/00 at 23:07 (021066)

Yes, I have several pairs of orthotics, none of which are that great. I mostly wear birkenstocks, but if not them, I use orthotics. I understand what you're saying, it makes sense, but in my 8 yrs. of PF I have yet to find a pair of orthotics that really work for me. Most of them cause more pain. Oh, and they were all custom-made, ranging in price from about $120 to $400. I appreciate your response. Good luck to you, I hope the Sonorex works for you!

Trish on 5/29/00 at 23:09 (021067)

Yes, I am considering getting one of those personal foot trainers. Should I get 1 or 2? (I have PF in both feet). Also, I am one of those who find that stretching usually makes it worse (feels like it makes more micro-tears)......would you recommend this product for someone like me?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/30/00 at 18:44 (021084)

The entire idea behind the personal trainer is that all of the stretching is non-weightbearing. Another idea is swimming which helps to removal the forces of gravity.

Astrid Bierworth on 5/28/00 at 07:54 (020975)

Hi Trish. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. Are you using orthotics? Accoding to my podiatrist, pf is a result of poor foot function. Without the use of proper orthotics, the problem will continue. From my understanding, orthotics address the cause, and Sonorex works at getting rid of the chronic inflammation which is a result. Icing and stretching appear to be important factors as well.

Astrid.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/00 at 10:23 (020978)

I would also consider the daily use of the personal trainers from Mike W. This has helped alot of my patietns after ESWT. If you still have an equinus of the Achilles Tendon or some other posterior let tightness the pf will return off and on.

Trish on 5/29/00 at 23:07 (021066)

Yes, I have several pairs of orthotics, none of which are that great. I mostly wear birkenstocks, but if not them, I use orthotics. I understand what you're saying, it makes sense, but in my 8 yrs. of PF I have yet to find a pair of orthotics that really work for me. Most of them cause more pain. Oh, and they were all custom-made, ranging in price from about $120 to $400. I appreciate your response. Good luck to you, I hope the Sonorex works for you!

Trish on 5/29/00 at 23:09 (021067)

Yes, I am considering getting one of those personal foot trainers. Should I get 1 or 2? (I have PF in both feet). Also, I am one of those who find that stretching usually makes it worse (feels like it makes more micro-tears)......would you recommend this product for someone like me?

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/30/00 at 18:44 (021084)

The entire idea behind the personal trainer is that all of the stretching is non-weightbearing. Another idea is swimming which helps to removal the forces of gravity.