Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

update on orbasone treatment last tuesday

Posted by rekha.s on 5/28/00 at 12:09 (020982)

hi everyone! I am still in LA and the weather is getting better. As you all recall, I got treatment last tuesday, I immediately noticed somewhat of a difference also in my morning pain, but in the next few days I noticed the left treated foot started feeling a little sore, and I started getting nervous. I have been trying to do my stretching religiously and am wearing orthotics in my new balance 852 shoes. I hope i havent zinxed myself!!!

Question to dr Zuckerman or anyone: should I use a night-splint? Will that help with post orbasone therapy? How frequently should I ice? Is there anything else I can do? How long should it take for me to know if the orbasone has worked? I am hoping I didn't come here in vain.

Anyone with any advice to my above ques, please share...thanx

Oh by the way, Dr Zuckerman, in response to one of your previous posts: in Dr Brooks office, you have the option for local anesthesia, but I didn't opt for that, and had it done without anesthesia....the treatment was'nt as painful as I had expected..not nearly as painful as having this dreaded thing anyways.....

Hope everyone has a happy and pain-free memorial day......:-)
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Orbasone

Re: update on orbasone treatment last tuesday

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/00 at 14:09 (020987)

nite splint ok. It could take up to six weeks for the orbasone. You are going to have additional treatment on Tuesday, so be sure to ask
them for any additional advice. Just rest the foot if you are having pain. Ice the foot when you have pain. No bare feet. If you are stretching weight bearing and getting pain then switch to non-weight bearing. As you know I like the personeal trainers. They stretch muscles without weight placed on a contracted tendon.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: update on orbasone treatment last tuesday

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/28/00 at 14:09 (020987)

nite splint ok. It could take up to six weeks for the orbasone. You are going to have additional treatment on Tuesday, so be sure to ask
them for any additional advice. Just rest the foot if you are having pain. Ice the foot when you have pain. No bare feet. If you are stretching weight bearing and getting pain then switch to non-weight bearing. As you know I like the personeal trainers. They stretch muscles without weight placed on a contracted tendon.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: