Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

knot on tendon in foot

Posted by Jan R. on 5/28/00 at 17:08 (020998)

I went to my 2nd podiastrist about 6 weeks ago. He recommended that I replace my leather orthotics which I have had for 2 1/2 years with hard plastic orthotics. The initial heel pain in my left foot went away after PT and orthotics 2 years ago, but have had problem with arch pain in both of my feet for 2 years - which is only getting worse. I noticed a small KNOTon the tendon that runs from my big toe to my heel (perhaps the Plantar Fasicia). It is very tender and is the first area that gets sore when I am on my feet for any length of time. This 2nd pod. recommended a Cort. shot right into that knot - he said that's the only way to get rid of it. I was very disappointed as I had just got done telling him I already had 6-7 Cort. shots in my other foot and didn't even want to discuss that option anymore. I refused this Cort. shot. He said to keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger or more painful to come back for the shot. MY Question is this...has anyone else had this knot before? Do you know what it is? Is there any other way to get rid of it???? I am very frustrated and am tired of the pain in my feet, as all of you are!!!! Thanks for your help.