Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hot tub water jets

Posted by Pauline on 5/28/00 at 20:31 (021009)

Any port in a storm. Has anyone else tried putting their heels near the water jet in a hot tub? I tried this at my health club and the
pulsing hot water on the sore area of the heel really feels good.
Afterward you can still feel the vibrations in the heel. I wonder
if this could provide any relief if done on a regular basis. It seems
to stimulate blood flow. Any input?

posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: Hot tub water jets

Nancy S. on 5/28/00 at 22:32 (021014)

Hi Pauline,
I've tried putting my heel to the hot-tub water jets at the pool where I swim and it hurt me. But this is probably an individual thing, also depending on how strong the water pressure is. I couldn't take it, but if it feels good to you, I say go with it! Theoretically it does make sense to me to do it, for the massage and blood-circulation effects. It may just be that Howard Johnson's, where I swim, turns the pressure on hard, to make up for their other deficiencies. I'll refrain from naming those deficiencies, since they have nothing to do with foot pain -- just aesthetic pain. --Nancy

GinaC on 5/29/00 at 09:11 (021022)

Although I don't put my heel near the jets, I do use the jets to warm or message my calf muscles and I like to do non-weight bearing stretches in the whirlpool once things are 'loosened up.'

john h on 5/29/00 at 13:58 (021034)

i use the jets at the health club on a regular basis. feels good when i do it but i do not think there is any long term help here.

Nancy S. on 5/28/00 at 22:32 (021014)

Hi Pauline,
I've tried putting my heel to the hot-tub water jets at the pool where I swim and it hurt me. But this is probably an individual thing, also depending on how strong the water pressure is. I couldn't take it, but if it feels good to you, I say go with it! Theoretically it does make sense to me to do it, for the massage and blood-circulation effects. It may just be that Howard Johnson's, where I swim, turns the pressure on hard, to make up for their other deficiencies. I'll refrain from naming those deficiencies, since they have nothing to do with foot pain -- just aesthetic pain. --Nancy

GinaC on 5/29/00 at 09:11 (021022)

Although I don't put my heel near the jets, I do use the jets to warm or message my calf muscles and I like to do non-weight bearing stretches in the whirlpool once things are 'loosened up.'

john h on 5/29/00 at 13:58 (021034)

i use the jets at the health club on a regular basis. feels good when i do it but i do not think there is any long term help here.