Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My foot slows down my trip...bummer!

Posted by Beverly on 5/29/00 at 23:33 (021069)

I'm all packed ready to go but now my feet are really sore. I probably should have done nothing but rest today, knowing that I have an 8 hour drive to Dallas/Ft.Worth and then a few days later my plane trip to the middle of nowhere... vacation.

I was on my foot at church yesterday which is always a hard day for me, and today I just did too much getting ready to leave. I've written alot of learning to pace myself, and so I'm going to rest, rest, and more rest tomorrow, and leave a day later. Fortunately, my plane does not leave until Saturday. I'm from Dallas/Ft. Worth, and I was looking forward to a trip home visiting friends before leaving on my trip with Dad, but I guess it is not the end of the world to shave a day off my trip, and I know my feet will thank me. So here I am all packed but propped up on ice.

Beverly

Re: My foot slows down my trip...bummer!

Nancy S. on 5/30/00 at 07:03 (021072)

Beverly, it's too bad you have to leave a day later, but I think you made a very wise decision! Not only will your feet thank you, you will thank yourself. --Nancy

Pauline on 5/30/00 at 09:04 (021074)

Count your blessings. I flew to Spain to begin a 3 week family vacation in Spain and Germany. The family went on and I flew home after 3 days. I was always in pain and never able to leave my hotel room, with wheelchair assistance I made it home. It was the best decision for me (first) and my family. Their home now and had a wonderful time. Now thats a bummer, but I love my gifts especially the castanets.

Re: Let me tell you about my vacation...

BJC on 5/30/00 at 19:58 (021090)

I had epf surgery last January, and my goal was to be ok for a trip to Orlando May 18. Everything was going well, until we were 3 hours from Orlando. My husband developed atrial fibrillation (heart arrhythmia), and ended up in the hospital for 5 days! Since the convention was almost over, and the heart problem had not resolved, we decided to go back home. Fortunately, his heart converted back to normal rhythm 3 days after we got home...and my feet are in great shape! But now I need a vacation! Hope you have better luck with your vacation than I did with mine.

Nancy S. on 5/30/00 at 07:03 (021072)

Beverly, it's too bad you have to leave a day later, but I think you made a very wise decision! Not only will your feet thank you, you will thank yourself. --Nancy

Pauline on 5/30/00 at 09:04 (021074)

Count your blessings. I flew to Spain to begin a 3 week family vacation in Spain and Germany. The family went on and I flew home after 3 days. I was always in pain and never able to leave my hotel room, with wheelchair assistance I made it home. It was the best decision for me (first) and my family. Their home now and had a wonderful time. Now thats a bummer, but I love my gifts especially the castanets.

Re: Let me tell you about my vacation...

BJC on 5/30/00 at 19:58 (021090)

I had epf surgery last January, and my goal was to be ok for a trip to Orlando May 18. Everything was going well, until we were 3 hours from Orlando. My husband developed atrial fibrillation (heart arrhythmia), and ended up in the hospital for 5 days! Since the convention was almost over, and the heart problem had not resolved, we decided to go back home. Fortunately, his heart converted back to normal rhythm 3 days after we got home...and my feet are in great shape! But now I need a vacation! Hope you have better luck with your vacation than I did with mine.