Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cold contraption

Posted by ChrisO on 5/30/00 at 15:56 (021080)

Hi Everybody - I wanted to let you know about a pretty efficient cold pack I found at the local RiteAid. It's actually a gel pack and can be used hot or cold. It's about a 4 by 8 inch 'sleeve' that holds a 4x8 'HotCold' pac. The sleeve has two elastic, velcroed, straps that hold the pac wrapped around the foot VERY nicely. It's not ice so it doesn't become misshapen in the freezer. I bought two of them and I practically feel like I'm on vacation when I lay back in my LazyBoy and they are so soothingly wrapped around my tootsies! The gel pacs are by HotCold and the 'sleeve' is, I think, by a company called MediTemp. They were packaged together. I can't tell you how much easier, and more relaxing, it is to use them instead of a bag of ice.
They went for about ten dollars each.

Re: cold contraption

Steve P on 5/30/00 at 16:17 (021081)

You're right, Chris! I'm sold on gel packs too. I use the 'Ace Reusable Cold Compress' which is similar to the one you described & exactly the right size for feet. No more bags of ice for me!

SandyS on 5/31/00 at 16:35 (021121)

I also found the Ace Reusable Cold Compress and it is great. I have actually been icing more. I even bought one for my little fridge at work so I can start walking during lunch again. Don't have to worry about the ice leaking on my floor or furniture and it's always ready for me when I'm ready for it. I found it at Wal-Mart. I don't remember how much it costed but it wasn't much.

Steve P on 5/30/00 at 16:17 (021081)

You're right, Chris! I'm sold on gel packs too. I use the 'Ace Reusable Cold Compress' which is similar to the one you described & exactly the right size for feet. No more bags of ice for me!

SandyS on 5/31/00 at 16:35 (021121)

I also found the Ace Reusable Cold Compress and it is great. I have actually been icing more. I even bought one for my little fridge at work so I can start walking during lunch again. Don't have to worry about the ice leaking on my floor or furniture and it's always ready for me when I'm ready for it. I found it at Wal-Mart. I don't remember how much it costed but it wasn't much.